Experienced Project Manager (Full-Cycle Drug Development) – RTP Pharma/Top $$
Our client, an RTP-based pharmaceutical firm undergoing tremendous change and expansion, is actively recruiting for a skilled and knowledgeable Project Manager for key role on its R&D team. This is a dynamic and challenging setting. Seek sharp, versatile, take-charge professional who can effectively pull together the resources of the entire drug development process and help drive them towards a successful conclusion.
This PM will be responsible for developing and managing the project plan and driving execution across multiple cross-functional areas including preclinical, clinical, regulatory, quality, and commercial. Seek candidate who will ensure smart project team planning and operational execution --- from early development to regulatory approval and beyond.
Independent consultants and CROs are utilized for certain functions. Seek quality candidate with proven ability to lead in an outsourced model.
Company has partnerships with several government agencies. Familiarity with related contracts and/or grants would be valuable.
- Works with the Project Leaders and Project Teams to ensure that operational deliverables are achieved on or ahead of schedule and within cost standards and that they meet the desired target product profile
- Manages relationships with external partners. Serves as a primary liaison and communication conduit
- Serves on Steering Committees and Governance Committees. May be appointed as a coordinator on NIH, BARDA, or other grants or contracts
- Leverages knowledge of all phases of drug development (preclinical to Phase IV), to analyze/anticipate project issues and obstacles; and to develop/propose solutions to address these issues
- Creates project plan including organizing the work, developing integrated cost and schedule baselines, updating forecasts, performing monthly analyses and assisting with the implementation of scope changes
- Performs critical path analysis of the schedule and prepares for potential changes to the plan
- Develops and tracks against Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for government contacts
- Ensures constant and consistent alignment of goals and objectives and communication thereof across the project teams and functional departments
- Manages risk registers and identifies resource gaps. Works with teams and management to mitigate issues
- Develops meeting agendas and minutes. Facilitates the project team meetings to ensure desired outcomes
- Proactively manages timelines and budgets using Smartsheet, Excel and other tools. Ensures communication to Project Teams and Management
- Serves as a project management advocate and mentor
Selected candidate will offer a related BA/BS degree and 3+ years of increasingly responsible and impactful roles in drug development, including an impressive track record in project management.
Broad understanding of the entire drug development cycle assumed and important. PMP certification, a plus. MS Project, Smartsheet and/or similar planning tools expertise, is a must.
This is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. In addition to requirements noted above, we seek a smart, insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who can gain the respect and cooperation of colleagues and partners in order to achieve shared success. Superb communication skills and savvy will be essential.
This is an immediate need, and compensation will be generous. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted at this time.