Experienced Project Manager (Genome Technology) – Top $$/Direct Hire
Our client, a NC-based, well-funded developer of cutting-edge genome amplification technology, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate to assume a Project Management role on its Portfolio Management team.
This company is reimagining genome analysis by applying its proprietary technology to even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification which allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. This is revolutionary technology with critical applications in cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, personal genomics, amongst others.
We seek a highly skilled and committed Project Manager who will partner with company founders and leadership to help them to assure success.
Company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- Role will involve coordinating the efforts of internal and external stakeholders to achieve a shared goal. Seek candidate who will readily garner the respect and cooperation of a broad range of constituents.
- The company produces kits that contain the enzymes and reagents needed for versatile and scalable whole genome amplification. They have several products on the market with additional launches planned. Ideal candidate will have some bkgd in New Product Introductions (NPIs).
- This is a start-up setting in which policies, practices and procedures are being developed, enhanced and reconsidered. Seek strategic and tactical PM who will plan for the expected, adapt to the unexpected and reason through the ambiguous.
- Client is located in Research Triangle Park, NC, and targeting East Coast candidates who can travel to RTP as needed.
This Project Manager will oversee all aspects of projects, including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring/summarizing/reporting on progress of projects, managing communications, monitoring budget and ensuring that all parties are working in sync.
- Create a detailed work plan for projects of varying complexity
- Develop a project plan including project milestones, resources, deliverables, and timelines; prepare reports that summarize progress as well as key issues
- Lead a diverse team of professionals and drive accountability
- Strategize opportunities to maximize timeline efficiency
- Review the project schedule and deliverables with management and all other stakeholders
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate and where approved
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments needed to ensure a successful outcome
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on progress; Lead regular project status meetings
- Identify and monitor project issues and risks; mitigate as appropriate
- Monitor and report all budgeted project expenditures
- Coordinate and lead phase gate reviews
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in related field and 4+ years in biotech/pharma or other Life Sciences industry, with significant experience in Project Management roles. Strong understanding of product development life cycle and new product introductions will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Smart, proactive and practiced organizational skills including keen attention to detail and deadlines
- Technologically inclined; Fluency with Office 365 (e.g., Teams, PowerPoint, Excel), and project and workflow management software such as Smartsheet
- Strong operational skill set and process improvement mindset
- Knowledgeable about quality systems, including GMP, GLP, CLIA, and ISO 13485
- Outstanding communication skill, including excellent judgement about how and when to communicate what messages and to whom. Ability to gain consensus
- Record of impact, achievement and growth
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this high-expectations, empowered, mission-driven setting; someone who is forward-thinking, industrious, resourceful, focused, pragmatic and fully prepared to help wherever the help is needed.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.