Experienced Project Manager (Genome Technology) – Top $$/NC Site
Our client, a NC-based, developer of cutting-edge genome amplification technology, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate to assume a Project Management role on its Portfolio Management team.
This company is reimagining genome analysis by applying its proprietary technology to even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification. This revolutionary technology, which has applications in cancer genomics, pre-implantation genetic testing, amongst others, allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage.
This Project Manager will be instrumental in driving new product development and Company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- The company produces commercially-available kits that contain the enzymes and reagents needed for optimal genome amplification. It also offers lab services for genomic analysis of samples. Both divisions are growing.
- The company has several products/applications on the market with additional launches planned. The Project Manager will lead the development of new products and we seek a candidate with bkgd in New Product Introductions (NPIs).
- Role will involve coordinating the efforts of internal and external stakeholders to achieve a shared goal. Seek candidate who will readily garner the respect and cooperation of a broad range of constituents.
- This is a start-up setting in which policies, practices and procedures are being developed, enhanced and reconsidered. Seek strategic and tactical PM who will plan for the expected, adapt to the unexpected and reason through the ambiguous.
- Client is located in Research Triangle Park, NC and this position will be primarily on-site. Local candidates preferred.
Position will involve overseeing all aspects of projects and ensuring that all parties are working in sync.
- Work with leadership to define project scope and objectives
- Lead a cross-functional team of experts to complete projects that meet deliverables on time and within budget
- Coordinate activities between R&D, production, operations, quality, marketing, sales, and business development
- Determine the resources (people, time, money, equipment, etc.) required for a project
- Create a project plan including project milestones, resources, deliverables, and timelines
- Summarize project status for leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Develop relationships with and leverage a diverse group of experts, maintaining an awareness of competing responsibilities
- Identify and monitor project issues and risks; mitigate as appropriate
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful outcome
- Identify opportunities to improve product development and other internal processes and drive their implementation
- Coordinate and lead phase gate reviews
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in related field and 3+ years in biotech/pharma or other Life Sciences industry, with significant experience in Project Management roles. Strong understanding of product development life cycle and new product introductions will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Smart, proactive and practiced organizational skills including keen attention to detail and deadlines
- Technologically inclined; Fluency with Office 365 (e.g., Teams, PowerPoint, Excel), and project and workflow management software such as Smartsheet
- Strong operational skill set and process improvement mindset
- Knowledgeable about quality systems, including GMP, GLP, CLIA, and ISO 13485
- Outstanding communication skill, including excellent judgement and ability to gain consensus
- Record of longevity and impact
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this high-expectations, empowered, mission-driven setting; someone who is forward-thinking, industrious, resourceful, focused, pragmatic and fully prepared to help wherever the help is needed.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.