Experienced Revenue Operations Manager (SaaS/NetSuite) – Top $$/Remote
Our client, a global provider of cutting-edge workforce development programs, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp, knowledgeable and self-directed candidate to assume key role driving all Revenue and Contract Operations functions.
This company owns a portfolio of SaaS businesses that are at the forefront of innovation in the learning technology sector. It is continuing to grow through acquisition and expansion, and revenue and contract operations are complex and voluminous.
Finding the right candidate to lead this critical function is a top priority at this time, and Company will pay excellent wage to attract a star. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere within the US.
Key things to note:
- This Manager will oversee and supervise a team of Analysts who are responsible for order management, billing and revenue recognition for business units in excess of $150m annually.
- These are SaaS products, each of which has unique contract terms. Billing and revenue recognition practices are driven by these terms and familiarity with software recognition practices and contracts-driven billing will be important.
- The company uses Salesforce.com and NetSuite extensively. Expertise in both will be essential.
- Certain subsidiaries sell through Channel Partners and Resellers. Familiarity with the revenue and billing implications of these relationships would be valuable.
- This is high volume work. Seek strategic and tactical candidate who will be as hands-on as needed to support Analysts, and as strategic as needed to contribute to Best Practices operational planning.
This Manager will oversee all day-to-day Revenue and Contract operations as well as collaborate with Sales, Legal and others on more complex matters including deal structure, pricing, revenue recognition framework, etc. In addition, this Manager will be responsible for ensuring data integrity and implementing policies and practices that optimize quality.
Selected duties will include:
- Supervise, lead and mentor Revenue & Order Operations team members. Their duties will include:
- Review contracts to ensure billing and revenue recognition reflects accurately in NetSuite
- Ensure bookings data in Salesforce are complete and accurate
- Prepare and distribute invoices to customers accurately and timely
- Determine proper reconciliation methodologies using advanced MS Excel techniques
- Actively participate in month end close
- Participate in the process improvement and automation project aimed at aligning Services, Sales and Finance and accelerating reporting.
- Document the various processes where the Revenue & Order Operations team is engaged and identify key controls.
- Assist with monthly close and revenue analysis including providing explanation for actual to budget variances.
- Drive continuous process and system improvements to increase efficiency of the end-to-end order management process
Targeted candidate will offer an Accounting or Finance degree and 7+ years of similar Revenue Ops experience including 3+ years in a supervisory/management role. Knowledge of SaaS accounting/revenue recognition (ASC 606 / IFRS 15) will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Expertise with both NetSuite and Salesforce.com
- Advanced MS Excel
- Experience with data validation
- Practiced and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Longevity and growth in previous roles
Finally, we seek a collaborator and communicator. This Manager will work with a wide range of people to get this important, complex and sometimes confusing work done. Excellent communication skills will be essential.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.