Experienced Staff Accountant/Analyst (Healthcare) - Remote Options/Top $$
Our client, a NC-based medical association with nationwide impact, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and can-do accountant for challenging role on its financial team.
This organization provides training, licensing and advocacy support for physician specialists.
Revenues come from dues, classes and other services. They also manage a charitable foundation.
This role will involve both Accounting and FP &A (financial planning and analysis) duties, and they seek a versatile accountant who enjoys analytical work. It is an important role and compensation will be very generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a remote role with occasional on-site requirements. Client is open to candidates in the following states (only): NC, SC, VA, TN, GA, FL, PA, MA.
- The position will report to the Controller and will assist in all financial duties. We seek a strong deputy who enjoys a point-person role.
- In addition to Staff Accounting functions, the role will involve data analytics. Seek sharp and capable analyst who enjoys compiling, qualifying and reporting on performance data.
- The organization uses Intacct Software (Accounting), Planful Analytics (FP & A) and ADP Workforce Now (Payroll). Familiarity with any would be valuable. Excel is expected and required.
- This is a business association. Any experience with non-profit and/or foundation accounting would be a plus.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by verifying, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Process expense allocations, monthly accruals, intercompany transactions and adjusting journal entries.
- Process Revenue Accounting including:
- Manage the cash receipts, including credit card payments.
- Reconcile G/L revenues with internal Sales database. Calculate and record deferred revenues.
- Prepare weekly and monthly revenue fee reports.
- Prepare and analyze monthly budget to actual variances by Cost Center and Department.
- Assist in preparation of various financial reports, create ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Ensuring meetings and travel expenses are properly coded. Reconcile with itineraries from travel agency.
- Provide back-up with Accounts Payroll and Payroll staff.
- Create and record journal entries for investment transactions. Reconcile monthly investment activity to G/L
- Maintain fixed assets tracking system, including annual property tax listing.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and process improvement initiatives.
Targeted candidate will bring a BA/BS in Accounting and 3+ years in similarly-challenging Accounting roles. CPA license preferred. Some experience in non-profit accounting also a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Broad knowledge of GAAP
- Astute analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong technology aptitude; Advanced Excel required; Intacct, Planful, ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Track record of growth and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a self-directed, curious and highly-focused candidate who enjoys contributing broadly, learning new things and bringing new ideas to the workplace; Someone who, while remote, will be fully committed to team growth and success.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Please forward resume for prompt consideration.