Financial Analyst (Residential Real Estate/Development) – Remote/Top $$
Our client, a highly successful real estate development firm that specializes in affordable housing and supporting low wealth buyers, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable analyst to join its development team.
This is a key role in this rapidly-expanding company. Company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a remote position that can be located anywhere on the East Coast
- The company develops and/or rehabilitates multi-family affordable housing units and this Analyst will provide info and insights regarding project finances, projections, feasibility, etc. While industry experience would be valuable company is open to training high potential analysts with some knowledge of real estate, lending, asset management, etc.
- The position will involve performing financial analyses of development opportunities, preparing documents to facilitate the underwriting and closing of transactions, tracking and reporting on the status of projects, etc. Familiarity with underwriting, housing tax credits, modeling, etc. would be a plus. Advanced Excel is a must.
- In addition to the analytics, the position will involve tracking the details, deadlines and documents for assigned projects. Right candidate will bring outstanding attention to detail and be a skilled juggler and point-person.
- This company prides itself on its People Matter culture and its collaborative work style. We seek candidates who value the importance of its mission and can contribute broadly to its success.
- Provide initial screening and proforma modeling of development opportunities to determine financial feasibility
- Perform simple economic research and prepare investment metrics such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investment/financial/expense performance
- Identify funding sources and utilize current financing strategies
- Underwrite finance opportunities utilizing state qualified allocation plans and appropriate debt structures
- Facilitate and organize varied due diligence requirements
- Develop analyses and presentation materials needed for senior team members and Investment Committee, as well as external meetings (clients, government agencies, lenders, investors, etc.)
Targeted candidate will offer a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc. and 4+ years of financial analysis experience in real estate, financial services, underwriting or related industry.
Other must-have’s include:
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong modeling skills
- Keen ability to gather, assess and synthesize data
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Advanced Excel
- Team orientation combined with independent work style
Nice to have’s include:
- Knowledge of GIS/desktop mapping packages, SharePoint, and Google Earth
- Familiarity with:
- real estate development or low-income housing tax credit syndication
- tax-exempt bond financing
- Federal Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC)
- FHA mortgage insurance programs
- Agency (Fannie/Freddie) and USDA financing
Finally, we seek a candidate who embraces and champions the company’s mission. They are doing important work while espousing the values of Integrity, Entrepreneurial, Caring and Excellence. We seek candidates who will eagerly and readily contribute.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Please forward resume for prompt consideration.