Greenhouse Technicians (1st Shift/Will Train) - Emerging Biotech/Contract to Start
Our client, an exciting and rapidly growing Biotech firm in RTP, is seeking Horticulture or Plant Biology majors for a key role in its state of the art greenhouse . If you or someone you know would be interested in this opportunity, we would be eager to connect with you. There are multiple needs.
This is an immediate need and client is targeting a pay range of $17/hour. These positions will be on-site and strict COVID precautions are in place.
This company is a world-leader in plant-based vaccines, and it is developing highly anticipated products to treat COVID as well as other diseases. The future is exceedingly bright. Growth potential is enormous.
This Technician role will involve ongoing seeding, maintenance, propagation and transfections of plants in a greenhouse environment. Successful candidate will provide critical support in the operation and maintenance of the greenhouse. This can be physical work that must be done with extreme care.
Specific tasks to include:
- Seeding, thinning, transplanting, transfecting and harvesting of plants
- Fertilizing and irrigating plants in greenhouses and environmental chambers
- Producing growth substrates and fertilizing solutions
- Recording data in batch records to support production of vaccines
This is a long-term temp position with hours anticipated to be 8am-4pm (Monday-Friday).
Ideal candidates will offer a degree in horticulture, plant biology or agronomy and related experience in a controlled greenhouse lab environment.
Other priorities include:
- Good observation skills and manual dexterity
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Knowledge of cGMP or GLP or experience working in a gowned/clean room setting would be a plus
Interviews will begin immediately. Local candidates only. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.