HR Generalist/Business Partner (Flexible/Part-Time Schedule) – RTP Biotech/Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP area biotechnology company in high-growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very sharp, knowledgeable and self-directed Human Resources professional to assume key role on its HR team.
This company, which is backed by major players in the agricultural realm, is reimagining crop protection by developing healthier and more precise solutions to control weeds, insects, etc. Products are highly anticipated by both industry and users, and the company is expanding exponentially. The future is very bright.
This HR professional (client is open to both Generalist and Business Partner candidates) will be instrumental in ensuring that employee needs are met and that they align with the needs of the business. It is a high impact role and compensation will be generous.
Things to Note:
- The Generalist/HRBP will report to the Executive Director of HR, who is remote. This individual will be the on-site presence for the HR team and will need to be on-site 3-4 days per week. Hours are flexible and can be 25-30 hrs (or so) per week.
- This is a diverse role that involves day-to-day tactical HR tasks (onboarding, benefits, HRIS upkeep, etc.) as well as employee relations, conflict resolution, coaching, etc. Seek versatile professional who brings the hands-on, detail-oriented work style needed for the administrative tasks as well as the seasoned judgment and business savvy needed for some of the more complex needs.
- This Generalist/HRBP will be the go-to on most HR matters and will regularly interface with staff, scientists, managers and executives. Seek exceptional point-person who is responsive, solutions-driven and brings an energetic, welcoming, can-do manner. Excellent communication skills will be critical.
- This is an R&D-heavy setting. Experience working with scientists within industry is preferred.
- This is an emerging company in which processes, procedures, and practices are still being developed and/or enhanced, and everyone contributes broadly. Seek resourceful, flexible, focused and unspoiled candidate who will work well in this building setting.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process including posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting initial screens, scheduling interviews, and drafting offer letters
- Handle onboarding processes including coordinating orientation programs, completing necessary paperwork, and ensuring required documentation (I-9, background checks, etc.) is submitted
- Maintain employee records including personal information, employment history, benefits enrollment, etc.; Ensure HRIS is up-to-date
- Assist with resolution of employee issues, grievances and complaints
- Coach managers as needed regarding employee relations or performance issues
- Administer benefits program including educating employees on benefit options and assisting with enrollment
- Maintain accurate records of benefits information and ensure that employees are enrolled in timely fashion and that changes are made promptly
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll; Support Payroll Administrator in resolving payroll discrepancies
- Ensure organization complies with all relevant employment laws and regulations
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 3++ years in a Generalist-type role. Recent hands-on experience with responsibilities noted above is expected and required. Life Sciences bkgd a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Broad and deep knowledge of HR regulations and best practices. SHRM certifications a plus
- Keen attention to detail
- Smart organizational skills including adept juggling and deadline orientation
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Sound business judgment and critical thinking skills
- Interpersonal savvy, including ability to diffuse heated situations and/or help resolve conflict
- Congenial and proactive communication style
- Record of achievement and longevity
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this high-expectations, empowered, mission-driven setting; someone who is industrious, resourceful, focused, and fully prepared to help wherever the help is needed.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.