HR Specialist (Employee Relations) - Health Care/Raleigh
Our client, a Raleigh area healthcare organization that is a leading provider of health services in Wake County, is actively recruiting for a bright and industrious HR professional with particular strength in Employee Relations to assume a key role on the Human Resources team.
This is a broad-based HR Specialist role that will be actively involved in guiding and supporting both managers and employees. It will require exceptional communication skills as well as knowledge of HR Law and Policy.
This is a Direct Hire role and organization will offer generous wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
Important things to note:
- The focus of this role is Employee Relations including Performance/Behavior Management, Crisis Intervention, Mediation, Grievance Management, etc. Familiarity with Employee Relations and Employment Law will be necessary
- This HR Specialist will interface with employees at all levels, providing support on a regular basis. Right candidate will bring a “how can I help?” attitude and a welcoming and supportive manner
- This is an independent contributor role in a growing and changing business setting. Seek highly motivated and self-directed candidate who thrives in a hands-on, dynamic role
- This is an onsite position; proof of flu and covid-19 vaccinations is required
This HR Specialist will be the go-to on a wide range of Employment related issues. Seek versatile and knowledgeable candidate who will work with both managers and staff to resolving issues, concerns or conflicts.
Selected responsibilities will include:
- Consults with managers/supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws
- Ensures that employee disciplinary actions are documented accurately
- Evaluates ADA accommodation requests and ensures compliance
- Administers employee agreements, grievance procedures, and provides support during investigations
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, processes requests from the DOE, participates in unemployment hearings
- Participates in planning and coordinating employee recognition/appreciation events
- Reviews and analyzes employee turnover data and makes recommendations on how to address related issues
- Provides training to employees and managers on HR topics
The right candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years in Human Resources, including some work with Employee Relations. BA/BS expected.
Other priorities include:
- Outstanding communication skills including keen listening and ability to diffuse negative energy
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and compliance requirements
- Exceptional organizational and point-person skills. This HR Specialist will be the go-to for many and requires a candidate who is exceedingly responsive and resourceful
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
This is an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.