Industrial/Process Engineering Opportunity – NC Pharma (Recent Grads Welcome)
Our client, a highly successful RTP area firm that provides Operational Excellence consulting to pharmaceutical companies across the globe, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate to join its top-notch, high-impact team.
The firm is engaged by pharmaceutical companies to lead Operational Excellence initiatives such as capital improvements, lean manufacturing, process optimization, etc. Consultants are embedded in client companies to drive the execution of the projects.
These are broad-based roles that involve analysis of process, identification of opportunities, brainstorming of solutions and project management of validated initiatives. We seek widely skilled candidates whose strong technical core and critical-thinking skills are complemented by superb project management skills.
Key Things to Note:
- The initial engagement will involve working with a Clayton-based pharmaceutical company that is seeking to optimize its Finished Goods and Packaging production lines.
- There is tremendous demand for a newly launched product and the consulting firm (along with client personnel) will be developing and implementing a broad array of strategies to increase output.
- This Consultant will be actively involved in process mapping, solutions development, and project execution. Some experience with lean methods and/or industrial/process engineering will be important.
- This is a hands-on, operational role. This Consultant will be working “on the floor” with operators to understand current operating procedures and to help identify gaps and/or opportunities. Some experience with pharma, device or other related manufacturing will be important.
- This Consultant will work with other team members and client personnel to 1) identify strategies to increase productivity and production and 2) develop an action plan to validate and then implement selected methods. We seek a strong collaborator.
- This Consultant will act as PM for the action plan (priorities, timetables, deliverables, assigned parties, etc.)
- This will involve providing direction to and communication with stakeholders, monitoring progress, troubleshooting issues, maintaining timely, accurate and visible records of progress, etc.
- We seek a skilled point person who brings exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and a can-do, mission-driven work style.
- The company uses Excel and MS Project to track and report on many aspects of activity. Advanced Excel skill is required. MS Project would be a plus.
- This company is in Clayton, NC. While some remote work is available, we seek candidates who are interested in being on-site where the action is. Most hours are first shift, but there may be occasional need for overtime.
- COVID vaccinations are required.
Targeted candidate will offer a related BA/BS degree in a technical field (Engineering preferred) and 1+ years in Manufacturing and/or Operations in a life science company. Understanding and application of Lean Manufacturing Methods will be important. Six Sigma a plus.
Finally, we seek a candidate with strong Project Leadership capabilities (excellent organizational, computer, detail and communications skills). Outstanding job ownership, critical thinking, resourcefulness and mission-driven workstyle are equally important. Process improvementmentality and capability absolutely essential.
Many more details are available. Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.