Insurance/Claims Support Specialist - Flexible Schedule/Direct Hire
Our client, a Raleigh area organization that provides insurance and other support to school boards across the state, is actively recruiting for a very capable and self-directed candidate to join its Risk Management team.
This Specialist will be responsible for coordinating a wide range of claim support activities as well as assisting on a variety of administrative, client service and marketing tasks. Seek candidate who enjoys a varied role.
This is a direct hire position and an immediate need. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This organization provides services for the school boards that join, including insurance. They are self-insured and maintain an insurance pool for all members.
- When claims are submitted (personally injury, auto, other), this Specialist will work with others, including Adjusters, to ensure that all documents, signatures, appts are handled efficiently, accurately and in compliance with policies. Some bkgd in claims processing or paralegal work is desired.
- This Specialist will also participate in a variety of other duties including Marketing support (newsletters, website, etc.), underwriting support, etc. Attention to detail and strong writing skills will be important.
- This is a highly collaborative group. Seek independent worker who enjoys being part of a team.
- The organization is revamping its claims processing systems, with increasing reliance on on-line processing. Seek candidate who can contribute to the process improvement efforts.
- This is a hybrid role with 3 days being in-office in Raleigh. COVID vaccination is required.
- Provide a variety of claim handling functions and support, including maintaining and updating claim information within Risk Management database (i.e., auto, physical damage, liability, and medical claims)
- Assist with the setup, investigation, evaluation, and handling of claims. Work includes reviewing and evaluating medical records and other claim and program documents, establishing and maintaining claim files, and documenting claim information as required in the claims management system.
- Provide support to data analyst in maintaining the risk management website
- Assist litigation counsel and other department staff with implementation of various processes and improvements for the risk management department, as needed
- Assist with preparing Risk Management program information, data/document management, and claims setup
- Assist with meticulous editing and processing of documents and various correspondence and reports, including program marketing and communications
- Assist with communications regarding a variety of claim and litigation issues
- Other administrative support for the risk management department, as assigned
Targeted candidate will offer a BA/BS degree and 2+ years of experience of professional experience in an insurance, legal, hospital or medical office setting. Familiarity with insurance, legal, claims processing and terminology will be valuable.
Other priorities include:
- Keen attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills – including deadline orientation and superb juggling
- Agile and professional communication skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Supreme discretion
Finally, we seek a collaborative and reliable team player who will work with both colleagues and clients in a congenial and responsive manner; Someone who has excellent communications skills, can sooth worried callers and can help resolve complex and sometimes confusing problems.
This is an immediate need. Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website atwww.frankelstaffing.com.