Investigation Prep Coordinator (Medical Records/Legal Support) – Direct Hire/Top Dollar
Our client, a Raleigh-based Medical Board that regulates the practice of medicine in North Carolina, is actively recruiting for a bright, knowledgeable and detail-oriented candidate to join its top-notch team.
The Medical Board is responsible for investigating complaints against physicians or other healthcare professionals. Investigations could potentially lead to censure, loss of license, legal proceedings, etc. and must be performed with impeccable care. This Coordinator will be instrumental in that effort.
Position will involve gathering documents and records to support investigations and/or legal proceedings. This is complex, regulated, detail-heavy, sensitive and consequential work. Board will pay excellent wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This Coordinator will be the hub for collecting Medical Records from hospitals, medical practices, labs and other facilities. Orders (similar to subpoenas) are issued for these records and this Coordinator drives the retrieval and compilation effort. We seek a skilled point-person.
- Most records will be in Electronic Health Record systems. EHR facility will be important.
- This is highly collaborative work interfacing with investigators, attorneys, medical facilities, physicians, etc. Seek candidate whose strong organizational skills are complemented by superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work will involve detailed review of medical records and files. Familiarity with medical terminology will be important. Absolute discretion will be essential.
- This position will be on-site at the Board’s Raleigh offices. Strict COVID precautions are enforced. Once trained, some remote work is allowed.
- Assist in the identification of medical records needed for review
- Issue orders (similar to subpoenas) for the production of medical records, then organize and maintain the information in both paper and electronic systems.
- Review medical records and other health information for accuracy and completeness in support of Board’s investigations into whether the standard of care was met.
- Information may include patient information, medical histories, physician exams, test results, treatments and services provided.
- Work hand in hand with physicians, investigators, paralegals and attorneys to collect and organize medical records to assist in both the internal and external expert review of those medical records
- Maintain and utilize a health record indices and storage and retrieval system.
- Protect confidentiality of health and proprietary business information as required by state and federal law and standard operating procedures.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of professional experience in a legal, hospital or medical office setting. Experience in a Coordinator-type role is preferred. Familiarity with medical terminology will be essential.
Other priorities include:
- Keen attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills – including deadline orientation and superb juggling
- Agile and professional communication skills
- Knowledge of electronic health record systems (EHR) and meaningful use
- Excellent business judgement
- Supreme discretion
This is a direct hire position and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Local candidates only.