Investigations/Compliance Coordinator (Medical Board) - Direct Hire/$50s
Our client, a Raleigh-based medical board that regulates many aspects of the practice of medicine in North Carolina including licensing, medical investigations, etc., is actively recruiting for a bright, organized and detail-oriented Coordinator to join its Investigations team.
The Investigations team is responsible for evaluating any complaints made against physicians to determine if a violation of Board policy or state law has occurred. This role will focus on the administrative aspects of the investigations process and provide support to the Board’s Investigators.
Seek a candidate with a strong compliance background who will demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and smart organization skills. Additionally, the process will involve extensive interface (both verbal and written) with physicians. Excellent communication skills will be important. Familiarity with the medical/healthcare industry would be valuable.
Targeted candidate will be comfortable acting as the “go-to” for a range of duties, such as:
- Maintaining and updating Board’s database for open Compliance/Investigation cases including any cases requiring compliance monitoring in order to assist the field investigators with completing their investigations
- Reviewing Board actions and tracking all physicians who have been disciplined
- Continually evaluating case files for completion and accuracy
- Communicating with various outside agencies to confirm physician compliance with mandated programs
- Requesting and reviewing status reports to ensure accuracy. Providing support documentation for the Chief Investigative Officer
- Assisting Administrative Manager with maintaining investigation- and compliance-related documents
- Authoring Reports of Investigation regarding all compliance issues including: Board ordered evaluations and assessments; Board of Pharmacy requests for views on appropriateness for dispensing permits; DEA requests for endorsement of DEA prescribing privileges; reconsideration requests by licensees, licensees’ attorneys, Board attorneys; requests for termination of consent orders, and non-compliance.
The right candidate will offer…
A related degree, and 5+ years of experience in positions handling similar compliance-driven tasks. Experience with investigations or regulatory matters would be valuable. Healthcare bkgd highly preferred.
Other important qualities:
- Offers polished written and verbal communication (English degree desirable)
- Demonstrates proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Reviews work carefully for completeness and accuracy
- Possesses organizational and planning skills to establish a course of action for self and others to accomplish personal and group goals. Anticipates and prioritizes well
- Possesses analytical skills, arranges information quickly and orderly and sees trends and relationships
- Maintains and secures confidential information
- Works well as a team member and strives to accomplish team goals and objectives.
In addition to offering a generous salary in the $50s, this client has created a positive and family-oriented culture including:
- Encouraging a healthy work-life balance
- Providing community service opportunities
- Planning wellness initiatives and social events
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.