IT/IS Support Specialist (Elite Law Firm; Some Help Desk) – Direct Hire/To $50s
Our client, a North Carolina law firm that specializes in high profile, complex litigation cases, is actively recruiting for a sharp, capable and self-directed candidate to assume key role on its IT team.
This is an elite firm whose attorneys regularly provide services on the trial and appellate level to Fortune 500 clients. It is a demanding setting that requires best-of-class computer and IT system operations. This Support Specialist will be instrumental in that effort.
Key things to note:
- This Specialist will be the go-to for attorneys, paralegals, and support staff on a wide range of hardware and software issues. Seek versatile and can-do candidate who enjoys being the hub. Some familiarity with law firm operations would be a plus.
- The firm’s environment is fast-paced, dynamic and busy. Attorneys are consistently generating litigation work that will generate additional IT and database upkeep needs. Seek quick study candidate who thrives in a busy, dynamic setting. Seek a strong juggler.
- The firm uses a variety of litigation software, depending on clients’ needs. Seek candidate with strong aptitude for picking up new technology.
- Many users are still working remotely. Ability to resolve technical issues in a remote manner will be important. Position can be located in the firm’s Raleigh or Greensboro offices.
- The IT team offers extended hours to users. This Support Specialist will participate in an on-call rotation and will need to be available after hours to assist with client service delivery and system maintenance.
Specific duties include:
- Respond, triage, and assign IT support tickets.
- Perform troubleshooting and research of incidents and problems.
- Document procedures, processes related to assigned projects, sharing knowledge with other team members.
- Provide daily administration and maintenance of litigation databases, including centralized tracking of case projects tasks and related data.
- Assist case teams as needed with electronic productions including the preparation of secure file transfers, physical media, batch printing, and loading data to internal databases.
- Coordinate with outside service providers to facilitate projects or to gather information, project quotes or data.
- Assist with training support staff and users on litigation support related programs.
- Provide hands-on support for client data collection including equipment set up and operation of collection software.
- Work directly with System Administrator on current projects.
Targeted candidate will bring a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ experience providing technology support in an office setting. Experience working in a law or other professional services office and/or with legal software/databases preferred.
- Experience with diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software related issues
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, and experience troubleshooting related issues
- Understanding of computer setup, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of computer network and related technologies
- Diligent and accurate documentation habits
- Calm, congenial, level-headed, solutions-focused demeanor
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in this highly dynamic, fast-paced setting; one with an exceptional work ethic (motivated, reliable, committed, positive, professional…) and someone who, once trained, will be need minimal supervision to get things done.
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.