Jr Human Resources Specialist - Contract to Start
Our client, a large and growing Raleigh-based financial services organization, has an immediate need for a very bright and team-oriented candidate to join its HR team.
The bank operates an HR Service Center, which employees contact for HR or employment-related questions or concerns. This HR Associate will work with employees to address these questions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is interested in building a career in Human Resources. If you or someone you know would be interested, please forward a Word resume for prompt consideration.
Key Things to Note:
- This position will begin as contract (3 months to start). Possible extensions available.
- The bank recently merged with another bank, and they are fielding many employee questions about policies and practices. This HR Associate will engage with employees to address any questions or concerns. Most communications will be telephonic or email.
- This HR Associate will be trained in both corporate HR policies and HR Systems. Many inquiries will require research into employee status, policy details, etc. Ability to effectively navigate related databases will be important.
- The bank uses ServiceNow (workflow management) and UltiPro (HRIS). Familiarity with similar systems would be helpful.
- Position will require data entry of employee information into workflow management software while fielding employee calls. Strong typing skills will be necessary.
- This is a hybrid role with time split between its Raleigh-based offices and remote. Training will be on-site.
- Compensation will be in the low $20s (per hour).
Role will involve providing responses to inquiries via telephone, e-mail and fax, while adhering to established Human Resources Service Center (HRSC) standards. Examples will include:
- LOA policies
- Background check status
- Compensation and benefit questions
- Employment status
- Performance management inquiries
- Policy questions
This HR Associate will field calls, resolve issues to the best of their ability/knowledge and/or escalate as appropriate.
We seek candidates who bring a related degree and 1+ years of HR experience (internships included).
A general knowledge of HR policies and procedures and HR laws and labor laws as well as a strong ability to empathize and handle end-to-end inquiries while working to provide exceptional customer service will be critical.
Other priorities include:
- Strong active listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a high degree of diplomacy and discretion
- Strong typing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (ServiceNow and UltiPro preferred)
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in this dynamic and empowered company. A lot is happening, and we seek a congenial, can-do, and self-directed quick study who brings a “how can I help?” attitude.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.