Junior Analyst (Investor Relations) - Venture Capital, Chapel Hill, NC
Our client, a leading venture capital investment firm located in Chapel Hill, NC with approximately $7B in assets under management, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Investor Relations professional to fill a full-time position on its Investor Relations team. The role will focus on supporting all aspects of investor fundraising, prospecting, and servicing.
This firm invests in venture and micro/seed funds, as well as directly in high-growth private technology companies. They are a cohesive team of experienced professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative culture.
Key Things to Note:
- This role will be the go-to for the Investor Relations team on administrative, investor relations and business development tasks (including completing diligence requests, tracking paperwork, liaising with clients, creating presentations, memorandums, etc.). Seek a versatile candidate who is eager to contribute in broad ways.
- This is a client-facing role. This individual will regularly interface with clients/investors on matters including onboarding, fundraising, events coordination, and account servicing. Seek responsive and attentive communicator - one with keen attention to detail and an absolute commitment to excellence.
- Team utilizes Salesforce daily, and this role will handle updates and reporting. Familiarity with CRMs (Salesforce or similar) will be critical.
- This is a highly professional, high expectations setting. Seek an extremely organized candidate who can deliver a high-quality work product despite pace and interruption.
- Position will be hybrid (3 days in office/2 days remote). Firm’s office is in Chapel Hill.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with senior team members to build and strengthen existing investor relationships by providing outstanding client service.
- Support meetings and events with existing and prospective investors, including data analytics and reporting, creating slide decks and binders, organizing logistics, etc.
- Assist with diligence requests from existing and prospective investors.
- Support CRM database management, data room information, and investor onboarding.
- Assist with the creation of private placement memorandums, due diligence questionnaires, and ad hoc materials to support firm’s fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate across lines of business to understand information flow and effectively attend to investor requests.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2-4 years of experience in an institutional relationship management role, preferably at an alternative focused investment firm.
- An ability to support senior team members and field requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Eagerness to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, CRM database management (Salesforce), and key investment metrics (IRR, TVPI, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
Please forward your resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.