Law Firm/Paralegal Opportunity, International Patents – Direct Hire/Recent Grads Welcome
Our client, a Durham based firm that is one of the leading intellectual property law firms in the world, has an immediate need for a very bright, capable and diligent team player.
Firm assists its client with obtaining patents for their inventions, protecting the intellectual property of their work – globally. This role will support the International Patent group.
Position will involve researching, preparing, filing and maintaining all documents, data and resources needed for the processing of patents. Familiarity with patent documents and filing requirements would be valuable but is not required.
Things to Note:
- While experience with patents would be a plus, firm will also consider top-notch recent grads who meet all other criteria. This is an outstanding foot-in-the door opportunity.
- This Paralegal will be the keeper of all documents and data related to assigned patents. Seek highly organized candidate with outstanding point-person skills.
- Position will include very technical, highly regulated work with patent laws, research, and subject matter. We seek a candidate with strong analytical skills and the discipline to ensure compliance and success.
- Accuracy and timeliness will determine success or failure. Right candidate will bring perfectionist tendencies (the good kind) and will prioritize “getting it right.”
- Role will involve outreach to stakeholders to share and obtain information. Seek proactive and adept communicator with the demonstrated ability to garner the respect and cooperation of a broad constituency.
- Position will be on-site at RTP office (hybrid schedule will be available after training) and Covid vaccinations are required
- Obtain information from clients regarding their patent needs. Create new client files and update systems to reflect learned information
- Prepare required documents such as Powers of Attorney, Inventors Rights documents, etc. and ensure completeness and timeliness of submissions
- Liaise with foreign agents to determine filing requirements for their countries
- Liaise with clients to ensure execution and return of documentation in advance of local deadlines
- Docket and maintain case records and creative content for high volume corporate clients
- Act as point-person for ensuring all documents are submitted; monitor progress of submissions and ensure any additional requirements are handled
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including email review/reply, phone coverage, processing quotes, invoicing clients, etc.
Right candidate will offer a BA/BS (English, Science or Legal related area), strong GPA and demonstrated ability to succeed in a deadline-driven, detail-focused point-person role. Paralegal and/or patent experience would be a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Aptitude for technology and software, including MS Office Suite
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail; strong proofreading skills
- Compliance orientation
- Self-directed work style
- Clear, timely and versatile communicative abilities
In addition, we seek an independent worker with a team orientation and a proactive and resourceful juggler with an excellent sense of priority.
This is a Direct Hire position.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.