Lead Electrical Engineer (Pharma/Biotech Facilities/Supervisor) – Top $$/Will Relo
Our client, an award-winning national design and engineering firm that brings particular expertise in the life sciences space, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent Electrical Engineer to join its client services team. This is a critical role and firm will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain the best.
Key Things to Note:
- This firm is a leader in its field. It is working with the largest pharma/biotech/med device companies in the world to build facilities for vaccine therapies, gene therapies and other cutting-edge, life-saving products.
- The firm designs/develops R&D facilities, drug production sites, labs, etc. This is complex, FDA-regulated work with many idiosyncratic (and required) design elements. Seek candidate who, if not experienced in the life science space, will bring aptitude for the work and a commitment to precision and compliance.
- Projects will vary in size and include both renovations/retrofits and new construction. This Engineer will supervise a small team.
- Role will involve regular collaboration with a large group of stakeholders including client personnel, other internal disciplines, external partners, etc.. Seek Engineer whose technical skills are complemented by superb communication skills and a natural relationship-building demeanor.
- This firm prides itself on its people-matter culture. Employees are owners. The work is personal. Seek candidate who will thrive in this high-expectations culture.
This Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing the electrical and special systems concepts and design for assigned projects. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop electrical power concepts for new or renovated high tech facilities.
- Write narratives that describe the electrical and special systems that may include user requirements specifications and sequences of operation.
- Create electrical and special systems design drawings from concept through detailed design.
- Develop single line diagrams to depict the electrical power system at a high level.
- Perform electrical calculations for power and lighting systems.
- Select electrical devices for power, lighting, and special systems.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure electrical and special systems designs are fully coordinated.
- Provide input into the electrical requirements of complex process and mechanical equipment.
- Follow projects after construction documents are issued including making field visits to verify construction of electrical scope is proceeding per intent of design.
- Direct activities of electrical staff.
Targeted candidate will offer an Electrical Engineering degree and 8+ years of directly-related experience including substantial experience in a design firm setting. PE expected and required.
Other priorities include:
- Experience with developing and implementing electrical and special systems design strategies/philosophies for high technology facilities; pharma/biotech preferred
- Ability to lead a project from an electrical design perspective and to direct the electrical design efforts
- Supervisory bkgd is preferred
- Significant experience with National Electric Code (NEC) and other industry standards
- AutoCAD and Revit
- Advanced Excel
- Longevity and growth in previous roles
Finally, we seek an industrious, resourceful and intellectually-curious candidate who enjoys contributing to a collaborative effort to achieve a shared goal. This firm is doing important work. We seek a skilled and self-directed overachiever who is ready and eager to contribute.
Comp will be generous. Growth potential is enormous. Relo support available.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.