Legal Administrative Assistant (Some Office/Facilities Management) – Direct Hire/Durham
Our client, a premier North Carolina business law firm, is actively recruiting for a bright and capable Legal Administrative Assistant to join its team.
Firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the best in their field and business is thriving. It is essential that administrative and office operations run smoothly and efficiently, enabling the attorneys to focus on client work. This Legal Admin will be instrumental in that effort.
Firm will pay excellent wage for excellent candidate.
Key things to note:
- This individual will be the office go-to for all legal admin and office support matters. We seek a candidate who enjoys being the “hub.”
- The role combines office support duties (reception, supplies, telecom, equipment upkeep, etc.) with legal administrative duties (document prep, scanning, filing, billing, etc.). We seek a candidate who enjoys the variety and is a skilled juggler.
- The firm’s environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Attorneys are consistently generating work that will need attention. We seek a candidate with outstanding organizational skills.
- Role will involve drafting, editing, and completing correspondence and legal documents. Work must be error-free. We seek a candidate with strong proofreading skills and keen attention to detail.
- Firm is located in downtown Durham and position will be on-site.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative support to attorneys including:
- Document preparation including formatting and proofreading
- Organize and maintain client files
- Document management including scanning and filing (in both physical and electronic form)
- Assisting with client intake, time entry and billing and CLE tracking and reporting
- Managing the office’s front desk including answering and routing calls, processing outgoing mail and collecting/distributing incoming mail, greeting visitors, and accepting deliveries
- Ensuring that the office and its pantry are adequately stocked and placing orders with designated vendors
- Maintaining two conference rooms including post-meeting cleanup and supply replenishment
- Meeting setup for in-office depositions, client meetings, partner meetings, etc.
- Ensuring that the copiers are in good working order and backup supplies are available
- Coordinating equipment service calls with vendors and the Director of Administration
- Coordinating building repairs and janitorial issues with the landlord/vendors and the Director of Administration
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of administrative support in a law firm.
Other priorities include:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 (specifically Word and Outlook)
- Keen attention to detail
- Congenial, collaborative work style
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this dynamic setting. A lot is happening. We seek a congenial team player who is eager to assist others and contribute in broad ways.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.