Legal Assistant (Trusts & Estates/Probate), Temp-to-hire, Raleigh $15-17/hr
Our client, an established law firm that specializes in Elder Law, Estate Administration/Probate, Guardianship, is actively recruiting for a bright and professional legal assistant.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has prior legal experience, who is eager to learn from and work with, a well-respected and specialized Attorney.
The ideal candidate will bring professionalism, communication skills and a strong customer service orientation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Client intake
- Reviewing trusts, wills, powers of attorneys, and other estate planning documents
- Preparing and filing probate forms, applications, inventory of assets, final accountings, schedules, petitions and orders
- Organizing and maintaining estate files
- Managing asset gathering/debt paying
- Preparing estate and trust court accountings
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 1+ years of trusts and estates work in a law firm setting. Familiarity with estate and trust court accountings and estate tax returns is preferred. Notary Public and QuickBooks experience is a plus.
Finally, and importantly, we seek a we seek a team player – one who is hardworking and independent with astute communication skills (both written and verbal) and an excellent sense of priority.
This is an immediate, temp-to-hire opportunity that pays $15-17 per hour, based on experience. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.