Legal Assistant/Criminal Law (Bilingual/Spanish Required) – Direct Hire/Raleigh
Our client, a Raleigh-based law firm with a rapidly expanding practice, is actively recruiting for an extremely bright and client service-oriented candidate to join its Criminal Law team.
The team assists clients with a variety of criminal matters including traffic violations, misdemeanors, and felonies. The caseload is heavy, and it is imperative that the attorneys have the necessary support to successfully defend client rights. Their work makes a positive impact on their clients’ lives. This Legal Assistant will be instrumental in this effort.
Firm will pay excellent wage to attract and retain an excellent candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This position will be responsible for assisting firm’s bilingual (Spanish) attorney and clients. Spanish fluency will be required.
- This Legal Assistant (along with 2 others) will support 4 attorneys on the Criminal Law team. Experience handling criminal defense matters will be important.
- Role will involve substantial client contact by email, phone and in-person. In many cases, clients will be upset or under stress. We seek a candidate who brings a sensitive, responsive and calming communication style; someone who will make the caller feel supported.
- Role will also involve organizing and tracking tasks in firm’s proprietary software. Seek tech-savvy candidate who will be quick to learn all tech tools.
- This position is on-site at the firm’s Raleigh offices. It is a Direct Hire role.
Primary tasks will include:
- drafting and sending client correspondence
- communicating with clients regarding court dates
- ensuring payments are received and processed
- gathering information from clients related to their case
- preparing attorneys for court
- handling various administrative functions
Targeted candidate will bring 2+ years of criminal defense experience in a law firm. Experience managing multiple cases from start to finish is preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- High sense of urgency
- Professional communication skills
- Proficiency and aptitude for technology
Finally, we seek a hardworking and independent candidate who is eager to contribute and can hit the ground running.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.