Legal Assistant/Real Estate (Strong Data Entry Skills Required) – Direct Hire/Will Train
Our client, a Raleigh-based law firm with a rapidly expanding real estate practice, is actively recruiting for an extremely bright, detail-oriented, and highly organized candidate to join its Landlord Supportteam.
The firm assists landlords when tenants are falling behind in their rent and they need to begin eviction proceedings. The process involves many documents and signatures. Everything needs to be meticulously prepared and in compliance with state and local requirements. This Legal Assistant will be instrumental in this effort.
Key Things to Note:
- While some legal background is preferred, firm is prepared to train excellent candidates who bring experience with similar document processing tasks in a regulated setting (loans, mortgages, credentialing, etc.).
- Role will involve email and phone correspondence with the landlords to ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner. Strong communication skills will be essential.
- Role will also involve timely and accurate upkeep of databases. Strong data entry skills (both accuracy/speed) will be critical.
- This is a high volume, fast-paced setting. Seek candidates who maintain quality despite pace and repetition. Exceptional attention to detail is essential.
- This position is on-site at the firm’s Raleigh offices. It is a Direct Hire role.
The focus of the role is to support the firm’s state-wide landlord practice involving evictions at the Small Claims level.
Primary tasks will include:
- intake of eviction requests
- ensuring all necessary documentation is received for file
- prepare pleadings and ancillary documents for attorney review
- maintain calendar of eviction hearings
- track results of hearings
Systems used (and will be trained) include:
- Document preparation in customized software program.
- Register of Deeds
- Tax Offices
- SCRA search
- N.C. AOC
- N.C. Secretary of State
Targeted candidate will bring a related degree, outstanding data entry skills and meticulous attention to detail. Small discrepancies will cause large setbacks so perfectionist tendencies will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Excellent organizational skills
- High sense of urgency
- High degree of focus
- Compliance orientation
- Strong communication skills
- Congenial and collaborative work style
Finally, we seek a candidate who enjoys processing paperwork and ensuring that every “t” is crossed and every “i” is dotted.
This is a great “foot in the door” opportunity for a candidate who is interested in the legal and/or real estate fields. The firm is growing and seeks candidates who will grow with it.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.