Litigation Paralegal (Insurance Defense/Medical Malpractice) – Hybrid/Direct Hire
Our client, a highly successful, Raleigh-based law firm, with a world-renowned Litigation practice, is growing and actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp Paralegal to join its team.
This is a critical role for the firm and compensation will be generous.
The firm has been involved in some of the most high profile cases in the US and attorneys have been recognized with prestigious honors by both the legal and business industries. They pride themselves on providing the highest level of client service. We seek a bright and self-directed candidate who will extend that reputation.
Key things to note:
- This paralegal will support attorneys in Insurance Defense and Medical Malpractice. Right candidate will bring litigation defense experience. Experience with Federal and State court filings will be important.
- Firm operates in a paperless environment. Seek candidate with excellent technology skills including experience with e-discovery, MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- The firm’s environment is fast-paced, dynamic and busy. Attorneys are consistently generating work that will need attention. Outstanding organizational skills will be critical.
- Role will involve drafting and completing correspondence, legal documents and forms. Work must be error-free. Strong proofreading skills and keen attention to detail will be important.
- This is a hybrid role with time split between remote and its Raleigh offices. COVID vaccinations are required.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Aid the firm’s attorneys to find and implement cost-efficient case-management solutions that deliver value to clients.
- Assist attorneys with litigation projects related to all phases of discovery, including electronic discovery, trial and post-trial.
- Design, lead, and execute initiatives to enhance the firm’s organizational efforts.
- Participate in all aspects of pretrial and trial preparation.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of legal documents, including electronic filing.
- Proofreading of briefs and non-filed materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and/or certification and 2+ years of litigation defense experience, managing cases from start to finish. Insurance Defense or Medical Malpractice experience is preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Superior organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office/case mgmt. software
- Keen attention to detail – strong proofreading skills
- Congenial, collaborative work style
Finally, we seek a hardworking and independent candidate who is eager to contribute and can hit the ground running.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.