Litigation Support Specialist (Grievance/Malpractice Claims) – 35 hours/wk (Raleigh)
Our client, a Raleigh-based agency that regulates the practice of law in North Carolina, is actively recruiting for a bright and capable candidate to join its team.
Amongst other things, the agency is responsible for investigating and prosecuting lawyers who violate the code of ethics. This Specialist will support the attorneys in the litigation process of all disciplinary cases. Experience as a paralegal or similar work supporting disciplinary investigations will be important.
Key things to note:
- This is a contract-to-hire position based in Raleigh. It is a hybrid role which, after initial training period, will allow 2 remote days per week.
- Position will involve supporting attorneys on reviewing grievances against attorneys (including prosecuting disciplinary cases). It is high volume, highly consequential work. Seek candidate with a keen eye for detail and excellent juggling skills.
- This Specialist will draft documents and pleadings including summaries, complaints, responses, subpoenas, etc. for the attorneys. Excellent writing skills will be important.
- Role will encompass reviewing and maintaining confidential documents. Experience handling sensitive information with discretion and diplomacy is a must
- This agency promotes a positive and family-friendly culture. It encourages work-life balance, offering a modified workweek (35 hours). It also offers a comprehensive benefit program (pension plan, retirement plan, health insurance, etc.).
Responsibilities to include:
- Read, analyze, and summarize grievances; draft substances of grievance
- Read, analyze, and summarize responses to letters of notice; draft reports of counsel
- Maintain grievance files for assigned deputy counsel; keep files organized and updated
- Maintain status of grievances in case management software
- Answer complainant and respondent phone calls
- Initiate calls to respondents and summarize the conversation in the form of a written memo
- Prepare subpoenas
- Assist in the preparation of depositions and hearings by organizing case files, performing research, and gathering and organizing all evidence and materials to prepare exhibits
- Assist in drafting complaints and other pleadings to be filed
- Assist with administrative tasks and communications to include corresponding with lawyers, defendants, witnesses, and various court personnel including court reporters
The right candidate will offer…
A related degree and 1+ years paralegal (or similar) experience, including experience with the litigation process, court systems and procedures. Agency is also open to candidates with experience working in a regulatory agency that handles grievances/complaints.
Other priorities include:
o Proficiency with MS Office and case management software
o Exceptional attention to detail
o Strong compliance orientation
o Excellent communication skills
Further, we seek a hardworking and independent candidate. One who enjoys being part of a team but can work well independently; one who is eager to contribute and can hit the ground running.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.