Manager/Director, Training Operations (Continuing Education) – NC Licensing Board/Direct Hire
Our client, a Raleigh-based organization that provides and manages licensing for specialists in the construction and project management fields, has an immediate need for a very sharp and organized candidate to lead its Continuing Education program.
The organization offers 100s of programs, all delivered through 3rd party vendors. Members, in order to maintain their licensure, must participate in 8 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) programs each year. This Manager/Director (client is open to both levels) oversees all aspects of the programs including operations, content, vendor relations, and member services. This is a critical role and organization will offer generous wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This Manager will oversee the work of 2-3 CPE Specialists. Seek experienced supervisor of staff.
- The course selection and registration are managed through the organization’s website. The team will address member and vendor questions as well as troubleshoot any related issues.
- The CPE team will also ensure that courses are properly vetted and meet state requirements prior to inclusion on the website. This Manager will address escalated issues and overflow.
- In addition to overseeing operations for vendor-driven courses, the Manager will work with the board and leadership on curriculum development. Some experience with adult learning and content development would be helpful.
- This position is on-site at the organization’s Raleigh offices. Occasional travel, to attend Education Conferences, may be involved.
- Trains and manages Continuing Professional Education staff.
- Monitors and directs daily activities of CPE staff.
- Conducts regular meetings with CPE staff and builds performance plans.
- Identifies and reviews relevant continuing education courses.
- Monitors the registration and approval of all CPE providers and instructors.
- Develops course content in collaboration and at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Identifies and reserves locations to conduct internally-developed programs.
- Vets CPE instructors for internally-developed programs.
- Maintains familiarity with the objectives, requirements, and content of all programs offered by the CPE division in order to assist staff in providing complete information to prospective students and other interested parties.
- Maintains current and accurate records and reports as required.
- Monitors CPE trends and practices for continuity and efficient training programs.
- Conducts procedural audits to recommend to the Executive Director and the Board process and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (advanced degree desired) and 3+ years of relevant experience in education, compliance and/or operations management . Familiarity with CPE requirements is preferred.