Medical Billing Specialist (Physician Billing); Temp to Hire
Our client, a Raleigh-based Rehab and Surgery Center, is currently recruiting for a highly skilled physician billing specialist with particular strength in medical practice billing, for a contract to hire position. Ideal candidate will have experience handling all aspects of billing in a specialty services medical office (not a hospital). We seek a self-directed professional who can hit the ground running.
Duties will include:
- Insurance Verifications
- Patient Registration
- Charge Entry
- Working Insurance Aging Reports
- Working Patient Credits and Balances for Collections
- Tasking/EOB Denials
- Patient Phone calls regarding balances and setting up Payment Plans
- Insurance and Patient Payment posting
Important skills/experiences include:
- 2+ years of physician billing experience in a medical practice is required
- Must have proficiency and experience with Medicare and Medicaid billing practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – there will be much interaction with patients and insurance companies
- Longevity in work history – the client seeks a candidate who has a track record of successful progression in employment
- Experience with NextGen and RealMed, or similar systems, needed
- Team player with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and independent (after training, requires minimal supervision).
The pay is $16-18/hr to start (depending on experience). Set working hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30-4:30 p.m.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a busy team. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.