Medical Science Liaison (Chicago/Midwest) – NC Pharma/Top $$
Our client, a rapidly-expanding pharmaceutical company headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is actively recruiting for a skilled and knowledgeable MSL to join its Med Affairs organization to cover the Midwest region.
Company has several marketed products, an immediate launch planned and a rich pipeline. It has an outstanding Medical Affairs team and seeks to recruit similar talent to assume this relationship-driving role in the Midwest region. Extensive travel is expected. Location near major airport, ideally in Chicago, will be essential.
The territory will include IN, MI, IL, WI, MN, KY, MO, NE. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Education of healthcare providers (HCPs) in disease state and therapies
- Education and collaboration with key opinion leaders (KOLs) or thought leaders on disease state and therapies
- Strategic intelligence information gathering on emerging treatments in related conditions and disease
- Scientific and medical conference attendance and support
- Analysis of published literature data for education of HCPs on disease state and therapies
- Training of company personnel on scientific, clinical results and important safety information regarding products
- Collaboration with Clinical Affairs on recruiting and communication with clinical sites
- Preparation, review, and support of publications and white papers on disease state and therapies
The right candidate will combine the critical medical/clinical knowledge (PharmD, PhD, DNP required) with the demonstrated ability to initiate and develop productive relationships with industry leaders; someone who is an influential communicator and a keen listener.
2+ years in a Medical Science Liaison role is preferred but client will also consider quality candidates from other relationship-building roles in life sciences.
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in an emerging business setting; someone who is excited to be part of a growing organization and will bring the insights, ideas and initiative to help build a Best Practices MSL practice.
Company will offer an outstanding comp & benefits package to attract and retain an excellent candidate.