Membership Recruitment Specialist - Medical Association/Direct Hire
Our client, a national medical association based in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable Membership professional to assume key role on its team. The organization has seen significant membership growth and seeks a proactive, engaging and self-directed candidate to continue and advance this trend.
This association provides education, advocacy, research, and other business services to its membership (physicians and other clinicians, primarily). The advantages of membership are abundant, and ensuring regular and persuasive communications reach the members and prospects is critical.
This Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of membership recruitment campaigns and other membership-related activities contributing to the association’s strategic and operational goals. This position will prospect, recruit and onboard new members, building a positive environment to ensure retention of these members.
Specific duties will include:
- Member Recruitment – Manage the development and implementation of member recruitment campaigns, preparing action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet membership goal
- Membership Onboarding – Responsible for the new member engagement and onboarding program (automated emails, quarterly new member webinars, surveys, etc.), monitoring uptake and analyzing results and recommending any adjustments to the Membership team
- Member Inquiries – Work with the membership team to routinely respond to inquiries from current and prospective members, including processing membership dues and tracking results
- Tracking and Monitoring – Assist the organization to capture membership leads, input leads, prepare reports on progress and gauge the success of membership campaigns
- Project Management — Responsible for the management and administration of several members programs
- Database Management – Accurately and expediently input new member data and maintain highest level of data management to ensure new members are receiving full benefits
Ideal candidate will offer a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant membership experience – in a professional business-to-business setting. Association experience and knowledge of the Healthcare market are preferred. Other priorities include:
Ø Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Ø Proven track record meeting sales goals (including making cold calls to meet those goals)
Ø Superb organizational/project management skills
Ø Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Ø Some knowledge of Membership databases would be valuable
Finally, we seek a candidate who brings a high level of professionalism, ownership, adaptability and perfectionism (the good kind). A lot is happening and we seek a contributor who will thrive.
This is a Direct Hire role that will pay to the mid $50s. Company is open to a hybrid work situation that will require working onsite at least one day per week. Some domestic (possibly international) travel will be required.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.