Office Administrator (Some Financial Support) - Raleigh/Contract to Start
Our client, a well-established environmental consulting and services company, is actively recruiting for a bright and can-do candidate to join its team in an Office Administrator role.
The company works with private land developers, home builders, engineers, municipalities, etc. providing assistance with environmental and regulatory compliance. It is essential that operations run smoothly and efficiently, enabling the team of scientists, technicians, and project admins to focus on client work. This Administrator will be an important contributor in that effort.
Key Things to Note:
- This individual will be the go-to for all office support matters including administrative support, supplies, telecom, reception, facilities, etc. We seek a candidate who is a resourceful problem solver.
- This Administrator will also handle some bookkeeping duties including invoicing, processing payments, collections, deposits, etc. Seek candidate who brings some accounting experience.
- Role will involve regular interface with site personnel, clients, vendors, and others. Seek strong communicator and relationship builder.
- Position will also encompass fleet management, including coordination of vehicle care and maintenance.) Seek candidate with a valid drivers’ license.
- Role will begin as contract but may have long-term potential.
- Company is open to full-time or reduced hour schedules (20+ hours per week).
- This position is on-site at the company’s Raleigh offices.
- Assist with setting up new vendors/contractors.
- Coordinate office repairs with landlord and ensure facilities remain in functional and presentable condition
- Manage office equipment and supplies in compliance with company budget and policies
- Maintain files, both on and offsite, in adherence with corporate records retention policies
- Coordinate company meetings and events and maintain the corporate calendar
- Assist with fleet management including keeping company vehicles on a maintenance schedule, coordinating repairs, and staying on top of insurance, inspections, and registration
- Provide general project support by assisting with new project setup, data entry, and report generation in project management software
- Provide direct administrative support to the staff.
- Handle mail, supplies, asset management, front desk reception, and occasional errands. Keep common spaces neat and stocked
- Assist with various accounting functions
- Assist in monthly invoicing process and established collection process.
- Manage requests for Certificates of Insurance and distribution.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 3+ years of office administration and accounting/bookkeeping experience in an office setting.
Other priorities include:
- Proficiency with MS Office and cloud-based applications
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to readily learn new software
- Strong communication skills
In addition, we seek a self-starter with a high level of ownership, adaptability and flexibility. A quick study who brings a congenial and “how can I help?” attitude.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.