Office & Business Administrator (Premier Law Firm) – Direct Hire/Raleigh
Our client, one of the largest and most successful law firms in the Triangle, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent candidate to join its Operations Management team.
- This is a newly created role. The COO is involved in managing every aspect of the business including finance, risk management, human resources, facilities, contracts, etc., etc. This Administrator will be his deputy. We seek an exceptional point person – a smart, flexible, resourceful and can-do thinker who gets things done.
- This is a very diverse role requiring a broad skill set including excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical skills and financial acumen. Although administrative or operational experience is preferred, firm is open to Legal Assistants or Paralegals with an interest in pursuing a more operational role.
- The firm utilizes technology in day-to-day operations (e.g., Adobe, MS Office, scanning, ShareFile, DocuSign, Workshare Compare, etc.). Seek candidate with strong technology aptitude and inclination.
- This role will have access to extremely sensitive and confidential information. Right candidate will plan and accomplish work with professionalism, judgment and discretion.
- Position will be located on-site at the firm’s Raleigh office. Covid vaccinations are required.
- Maintain the COO’s calendars and effectively manage conference calls and meetings.
- Coordinate on-site meetings and luncheons including catering.
- Collect and organize all COO firm committee meeting materials.
- Coordinate firm operational reporting.
- Assist in the coordination of information related to the annual year-end compensation discussion, annual attorney reviews, partner consideration and tier movement materials.
- Support Executive Committee initiatives.
- Provide onboarding attorney information to HR and Billing.
- Review current policies and procedures in multiple areas (e.g., HR, IT) and assist with creating or updating them as appropriate.
- Track attorney childbirth/adoption and childcare leave credit for year-end reporting purposes.
- Maintain client instructions for departing attorneys and coordinate with Records Specialist.
- Maintain documents related to leases, expansion and/or upfit costs and year-end true-up costs from landlord.
- Assist in the creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets and other materials and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain a contract database.
- Create, manage and maintain electronic and hardcopy files for COO.
- Prepare annual renewal applications, fiduciary liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Assist in ad-hoc reporting and special projects.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 4+ years of operations/administrative experience in a legal, corporate or professional services setting.
Other priorities include:
· Exceptional communication skills
· Keen attention to detail
· Strong technology proficiency
· Proactive, deadline-driven and efficient organizational skills
· Experience with documents and contracts control a plus
· Resourcefulness, flexibility and versatility
· Record of achievement and longevity
Finally, we seek a highly polished and professional candidate with the demonstrated ability to develop quality relationships with a diverse and high expectations constituency.
This is an immediate need. Please forward resume for prompt consideration.