Paralegal (Patent Prosecution/Engineering & Biotech) – Direct Hire/Top $$
Our client, an RTP based boutique law firm specializing in Intellectual Property law, has an immediate need for a sharp, skilled and capable Paralegal to join its team.
The firm is devoted to providing the highest level of Intellectual Property counseling and services to its clients with respect to patent, trademark, and copyright law. This Paralegal will support attorneys working with prominent corporations and research universities worldwide in industries including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and biotechnology.
Firm will pay excellent wage to attract and retain an excellent candidate.
Things to Note:
- This Paralegal will be the keeper of documents and data related to assigned patents. Seek highly organized candidate with outstanding point-person skills.
- Role will involve extensive work, some of which may be tedious. Seek methodical and meticulous candidate who has the demonstrated ability to maintain order, despite volume and disruption.
- Accuracy, compliance and timeliness will determine success or failure. Right candidate will bring perfectionist tendencies (the good kind) and will prioritize “getting it right.”
- Role will involve outreach to parties both within and outside the firm to share and obtain information. Seek proactive and adept communicator with the demonstrated ability to garner the cooperation of a broad constituency.
- This is highly regulated work, and we seek a candidate with the discipline and skills to ensure compliance and success.
- Prepare and file various documents for the USPTO in the course of patent preparation and prosecution
- Maintain group docket for hard (and soft deadlines) and maintain an accurate calendar
- Compose correspondence and forward documents to clients and foreign associates
- Maintain electronic files in document management system
- Keep patent files up to date with prosecution documents and correspondence
- Maintain current status of filings and claims
- Research MPEP and CFR rules to determine course of action in response to PTO requests
- Perform other clerical duties including reading and routing incoming mail, scheduling meetings, transcribing and requesting check disbursements
- Manage the intake and review of patent portfolios acquired by our clients, as well as transfer of files to clients or new counsel
Targeted candidate will offer 3+ years of Patent Prosecution work in a law firm setting and experience with USPTO EFS-Web system. Experience with Engineering (electrical/mechanical) or Biotech patents a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Software fluency, including MS Office Suite
- Proactive and practiced organizational skills – including the ability to juggle changing, and sometimes conflicting, deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Compliance orientation
- Self-directed and mission-driven work style
- Strong communication skills
Finally, we seek an exceptionally capable and independent candidate who is eager to contribute and can hit the ground running.
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration.