Paralegal/Assistant to Legal Counsel (Corporate CEO/Pharma Industry) – Direct Hire/Flexible Schedule
Our client, a Raleigh area company that provides training and staff development solutions to companies in the life sciences industry, is actively recruiting for a sharp, versatile and highly skilled Paralegal to join its Operations team.
This position is open due to growth. The company provides web-based training (amongst other programs) for the pharmaceutical industry, and demand has increased exponentially. The CEO is also the Chief Legal Counsel, and her workload is expanding accordingly. This Paralegal will support the CEO/Legal Counsel in a wide range of functions, and they seek an outstanding candidate on whom she can fully rely.
Company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a newly created position that will involve both legal and operational tasks. Seek candidate whose broad legal knowledge is complemented by the work ethic and business skills needed to earn a “right arm” reputation.
- This Paralegal will regularly review and edit a variety of contracts and legal documentation. Prior experience with contracts and strong writing and editing skills will be important.
- Company’s environment is fast-paced and dynamic. CEO is consistently generating work that will need attention. The ability to handle high volume along with tight deadlines will be critical.
- This is a “hybrid” role involving both on-site and remote work. Seek candidates from the Triangle area who can commute to the Cary office as needed.
- Company is also open to a reduced schedule of 30-hours (flexibility on hours/days) for a licensed attorney who brings the necessary legal experience but prefers part-time work.
Selected tasks include:
- Maintain spreadsheet of legal responsibilities and deadlines for multiple customers
- Create and maintain project tasks for CEO and department
- Draft internal training on various legal topics (i.e., Anti-Bribery, Insider Trading, etc.)
- Set up and maintain lease obligations for multiple commercial tenants
- Review and edit all Purchase Agreements and Master Service Agreements based on corporate policy
- Add assets to IP Holding Company and assist with incorporation of IP Holding Company
- Review and edit in-house SOWs, MSAs, CDAs and HR policies
- Create and run monthly dashboard reports
- Copy edit reports, memos, and presentations
Targeted candidate will bring a BA/BS degree and 3+ years paralegal/legal assistance experience including considerable experience with corporate contracts. Experience tracking deadlines, coordinating tasks, and prioritizing objectives will be important.
Other priorities will include:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Outstanding proofreading skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Upbeat, congenial manner
Most importantly, we seek a candidate who brings flexibility, adaptability, versatility and ownership in a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic setting. A lot is happening. It is exciting, but it is also challenging. Seek candidate who can ably and willingly “go with the flow” and get things done.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.