Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Civil Litigation) – Direct Hire/Greensboro
Our client, a highly successful boutique law firm specializing in complex litigation, is actively recruiting for a skilled and capable legal professional to join its Litigation team.
The firm has been involved in some of the most noteworthy disputes and transactions across the US and attorneys have been recognized with prestigious honors by both the legal and business industries. They pride themselves on providing the highest level of client service. We seek a bright and self-directed candidate who will extend that reputation.
Firm will pay excellent wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key things to note:
- This paralegal will support several attorneys with both substantive and administrative support tasks. Seek versatile, can-do candidate with a “get it done” workstyle.
- Role will require regular contact with clients. We seek a strong communicator (both verbal and written) with a strong service orientation.
- Experience in Civil Litigation including court rules, processes, procedures (including filings), terminology, etc. will be important.
- Office is located in Greensboro and position will be on-site. COVID vaccinations or weekly testing are required.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Opening new client files.
- Assisting attorneys with litigation projects related to all phases of discovery, including electronic discovery, trial and post-trial.
- Participating in all aspects of pretrial and trial preparation.
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of legal documents, including electronic filing.
- Organizing and maintaining case files.
- Proofreading of briefs and non-filed materials.
- Docketing deadlines, client reporting requirements, and events.
- Entering time sheets into time/billing software
- Other duties as assigned.
Targeted candidate will offer 2+ years of recent experience in Civil Litigation working on cases from start to finish.
Other priorities include:
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office/case mgmt. software
- Keen attention to detail – strong proofreading skills
- Congenial, collaborative work style
Finally, we seek a hardworking and independent candidate who is eager to contribute and can hit the ground running.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.