Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Litigation/VA Law Experience Required) – Direct Hire/$17/hour
Our client, a premier Raleigh area law firm with one of the largest Creditors’ Rights practices in the Southeast, has an immediate need for a bright and capable Paralegal to assume key role on its team.
Key things to note:
- This Paralegal will work in the firm’s Creditors’ Rights dept for its retail clients. Most of the cases will involve Virginia case law. Knowledge of Virginia hearing and/or litigation laws and understanding of the litigation process will be critical.
- This Paralegal will provide administrative and legal support to three litigation attorneys. Seek candidate who can juggle and prioritize responsibilities.
- Role will require regular contact with clients. We seek a strong communicator (both verbal and written) with a strong service orientation.
- Firm is located in Raleigh and position will be on-site. COVID vaccinations or weekly testing are required.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Draft affidavits, complaints and necessary documentation to prepare for filing of lawsuits
- Prepare replies to counterclaims, serve and answer discovery, process consumer disputes and complaints, and draft memorandums of law
- Request extensions of time and prepare continuances
- Communicate with client to obtain responses to discovery and summarize discovery responses from adversary
- Assist in trial preparation, including exhibits and compiling exhibit notebooks
- Record and track deadlines through docketing and calendaring processes
- Negotiate and prepare settlement agreements
- Provide case updates via email to clients
- Screen telephone calls, incoming mail and other correspondence
Targeted candidate will offer a paralegal degree or certification and 1+ years of litigation paralegal work. Experience with Virginia hearing and/or litigation laws expected and important.
Other priorities include:
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience using electronic filing systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and pay will be $17/hour + monthly bonus potential and benefits.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.