Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Transactions) – Hybrid/Direct Hire
Our client, a premier North Carolina business law firm, is actively recruiting for a very skilled and capable Paralegal to join its team.
The firm’s seasoned team of attorneys offer extensive experience in a variety of specialties including Business, IP & Technology and Real Estate Law. These attorneys have been recognized among the best in their field and pride themselves on providing clients with personal attention and practical solutions. We seek a sharp and self-directed candidate who will extend that reputation.
Firm will pay excellent wage to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
- This paralegal will support several attorneys in both substantive and administrative tasks, including handling conflict checks for the firm. Excellent organizational skills will be critical.
- The firm’s environment is fast-paced, dynamic and busy. Attorneys are consistently generating work that will need attention. Seek candidate who can juggle and prioritize responsibilities.
- Role will involve drafting and completing correspondence, legal documents and forms. Work must be error-free. Strong proofreading skills and keen attention to detail will be important.
- Position will be located on-site at firm’s Raleigh office with the opportunity for work from home one day/week.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Supporting business attorneys practicing in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, pharma and IP transactions, and general corporate transactions
- the highest volume of work to be associated with the mergers and acquisitions within the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) vertical
- Research out-of-state licensing requirements for AEC entities and prepare and file applications and supporting documents
- Prepare and file business entity formations, qualifications, dissolutions, and withdrawals
- Work with vendors to obtain UCC and Federal tax lien searches
- Assist with document preparation, due diligence, and closings for M&A transactions
- Assemble closing document binders for clients
- Occasionally assist commercial real estate attorneys with Secretary of State document preparation and filing
- Checking conflicts as submitted by firm attorneys and staff against the time and billing system and communicating the findings accordingly
- Setting up new clients in the firm’s time and billing and document management systems
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and/or certification and 4+ years of paralegal experience in corporate matters, including Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Governance. Experience handling conflict checks would be valuable.
Other priorities include:
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office/case mgmt. software
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Congenial, collaborative work style
Finally, we seek a hardworking and independent candidate who is eager to contribute and can hit the ground running.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.