Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Trusts & Estates) – Raleigh/Direct Hire
Our client, an international law firm located in Raleigh, is actively recruiting for a sharp, knowledgeable and self-directed Paralegal to assume key role on its team.
Key things to note:
- Firm offers experience in the preparation of estate planning documents, including complex gift and estate tax planning techniques. Right candidate will bring experience supporting T&E attorneys with estate administration, tracking key dates and handling overall case management.
- Role will require regular contact with clients. We seek a strong communicator (both verbal and written) who can provide excellent client service and support.
- The firm’s environment is fast-paced, dynamic and busy. Attorneys are consistently generating client work that will need attention. Seek candidate who is a proactive project manager with an excellent sense of priority.
- Role will involve drafting correspondence, legal documents, forms, etc. Work must be error-free. Strong writing, proofreading skills and keen attention to detail will be necessary.
- Position will be located on-site at firm’s Raleigh office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Schedule client meetings and respond to frequent communications with clients
- Prepare memos, charts, check requests, updated mailings, and service lists
- Draft letters using the practice group's drafting system for client documents
- Prepare and process original signed client trust and estate documents
- Prepare, complete, and process Change of Beneficiary Forms
- Update client information and tickler system
- Create electronic binders using bookmarks for index
- Scan and file all client-signed documents and correspondence into the system
- Serve as a witness and/or notary on client estate planning document executions
- Maintain and update all client documents
- Other administrative duties and projects as assigned
Targeted candidate will offer 2+ years of Trusts & Estates experience. Experience with legal procedures, protocols, and the probate court system would be a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Superb communication skills – both verbal and written
- Keen attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills (ability to prioritize and juggle essential)
- Excellent MS Office skills
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.