Part-time Office Manager/Exec Support (Flexible Schedule) – Emerging Biotech
Our client, a RTP area biotech that is developing cutting-edge ophthalmic therapeutics, is actively recruiting for a sharp, self-directed and versatile candidate to handle a wide range of Office Administration duties.
This is a part-time role with scheduling flexibility during daytime hours. This is a Direct Hire position and client will pay an excellent wage to attract the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This Office Manager will be the hub of the US office, handling clerical, HR, operational and some bookkeeping tasks. Seek a skilled and flexible point-person, who gets things done.
- This position will regularly interface with executives, board members, vendors, clinical staff (in the US and abroad), etc. It is a broad constituency. We seek a great communicator and natural relationship-builder.
- This is an emerging biotech setting. It is fast-paced, dynamic and empowered. Seek candidate who enjoys the energy of a “start-up” setting and can contribute broadly.
- This role will report to the head of the US office and provide executive support to the leadership team. Seek proactive and organized candidate who will be a superb assistant to these busy leaders.
- The company is open to a flexible schedule including some hybrid options. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking part-time hours.
- Provide administrative support to executives, as needed
- Liaise with HR vendor to process US payroll, health and benefits plans, and new hire paperwork
- Prepare, process and track administrative contracts, working closely with legal team
- Coordinate with IT department to order laptops and other IT equipment
- Schedule and plan US Board of Directors meetings
- Organize meetings and conferences (transportation, hotel, dinners, meetings, registrations, etc.)
- Handle bookkeeping including corporate credit cards, bank transactions, accounts payable, etc.
- Order office supplies and equipment; negotiate as needed
- Support clinical team with supplies, shipping, scheduling, etc.
- Act as primary liaison with landlord; ensure facility issues are addressed
Selected candidate will offer 3+ years in Administrative Support positions in a professional business environment. Life Sciences and/or corporate start-up experience would be a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Proactive and thoughtful organizational skills
- Bookkeeping and/or financial support experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience coordinating business travel
- MS Office proficiency, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Job ownership, resourcefulness and ability to get things done
This is an immediate need. Client is targeting candidates that are seeking part-time work for a long-term period.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.