Our client, a RTP-based biotech company that is developing a cutting edge stem cell platform for drug screening and microbiome research, has an immediate need for a Weekend Research Assistant to perform cell culture in an aseptic lab.
This is an open-ended contract need with a growing company.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a weekend contract position – Saturday and Sunday, six to eight hours a day onsite.
- This is a lab-based position performing cell culture in a hood.
- Hours are daytime core hours.
- Payrate is $20-30.00 an hour, depending on experience.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for performing basic cell culture, TEER monitoring, equipment maintenance, and other lab work as assigned.
- Perform primary cell culture
- Perform quality control tests on primary cell culture
- General lab maintenance
- Data documentation
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and upkeep
We seek a candidate with 1+ years of cell culture experience, to include work in a hood. Academic experience will be considered.
Experience with the following will be required:
- Hands on laboratory experience including familiarity with basis lab technique
- Wet lab experience
- Aseptic technique
- Ability to independently complete assigned lab tasks
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting.
In addition, we seek a highly diligent, detail-oriented and organized candidate with a strong compliance orientation and an extremely conscientious work style.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.