Patient Access Reimbursement Specialist (Patient Support Programs) – NC Pharma/Top $$
Our client, a Raleigh area pharmaceutical company experiencing steady and significant growth, is actively recruiting for a very bright, capable and self-directed candidate to join its Market Access and Trade Relations team.
This position will focus on educating healthcare professionals and their staff on Patient Access Programs that are available for their patients (savings cards, reimbursements, etc.). This is a high priority role and company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain an excellent candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a newly-created role opened to respond to increasing demand. Familiarity with Patient Access Programs will be important.
- Position will involve regular interface with healthcare professionals (HCP), and their staff (particularly those involved with prior authorization requirements). Seek a strong communicator.
- Position will also involve collaborating with Patient Access Program vendors. Ideal candidate will be familiar with the 3rd party vendor programs.
- The company is expanding rapidly, and policies and practices are being enhanced to meet evolving demands. Seek candidate who will work well in a dynamic setting and will enjoy contributing to new and improved Standard Operating Procedures.
- Position will be on-site at the company’s Raleigh offices. Strict COVID precautions are enforced.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on Patient Access Programs for company products
- Read, monitor, and analyze data to understand patient access requirements, payer coverage and trends, program operations, etc.
- Educate appropriate personnel as needed
- Provide appropriate, initial support, such as educating customers in relation to navigating patient access challenges
- Provide appropriate high-level updates on payer coverage policies and support programs to HCPs and their office staff and internal personnel to navigate patient access challenges
- Demonstrate knowledge of company products and support programs
- Stay current on changes that may impact patient access to company products
- Appropriately educate and ensure awareness of eligibility requirements for available patient access support (such as patient assistance programs, saving card programs)
- Appropriately educate HCP office staff on processes for prior authorization processes and appeals, coding changes, and appropriate claim submission
- Coordinate with internal teams in relation to identified educational needs of HCP offices
- Maintain databases and other documentation of all activity related to Patient Access Programs
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of experience working with Reimbursement and other Patient Access programs. Pharmaceutical company experience is preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong computer proficiencies including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as databases
- Excellent written and oral communication – including ability to deftly and clearly explain sometimes confusing payment guidelines to HCP staff or patients.
- History of achievement
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this growing, empowered and dynamic setting – someone who is excited to be a part of this emerging company, and ready and able to contribute to its growth.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Local candidates only.