Program Leader (Director, Global Portfolio and Project Management) – Top $$/Remote
Our client, a well-funded and rapidly-expanding biopharma headquartered in Waltham, MA, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp, competent and knowledgeable Project Management leader to drive the development and, ultimately, the commercialization of several key assets.
This is a critical role and Company will offer industry-leading package to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This company was founded by industry veterans who have had tremendous success building other biotech companies.
- It has acquired the rights to several early and later stage products in the immunotherapy space and remains active in pursuing other therapies that could transform the lives of those facing autoimmune and rare diseases.
- It has hired a team of top-notch scientists and is seeking a Project Leader (Director or Senior Director level) who will lead assigned assets as well as contribute to the development of Best Practices for the Project Management function. Right candidate will have a strong scientific core as well as substantial experience in project and portfolio management (PPM).
- The is a global company with alliances around the world and pursuing approval in international markets including Europe, China and others. Seek candidate accustomed to alliance management and global operations.
- This is a start-up environment. Seek a thinker and a doer who thrives in an empowered, unstructured, building dynamic.
- This is a remote role that can be located anywhere in the US. Occasional visits to the MA offices will be important.
Position will involve leading development teams to prepare and deliver strategic and operational plans in alignment with corporate goals. S/he will champion assigned programs and partner closely with functional leaders and subject matter experts to prepare a robust and unified cross-functional project plan, facilitate decision-making, and ensure transparency across the Global Development Teams (GDTs) and through to Senior Leadership.
- In partnership with functional leads establish and deliver an Integrated Development Plan that aligns with established corporate goals. Ensure there is one common vision and voice from the team.
- Champion the program through the Corporate Governance process – partner with GDT members to facilitate decision-making including scenario plans, risk/benefit evaluation and team recommendations.
- Ensure outcomes and decisions made in project governance are communicated to all members of the GDT, incorporated into the IDP and reflected in current project timelines.
- Ensure transparency of and alignment to the approved development plan and agreed milestone deliverables horizontally and vertically throughout the organization.
- Maintain the overall high-level development plans for assigned projects and ensure integration with each function. Drive the cross-functional team to deliver to agreed goals.
- Partner with the Finance team and represent the GDT in budget planning and FP&A process.
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of PPM processes and tools – including templates for IDPs, TPPs, Monthly Reports & other Communication Tools, Milestone Charts, Gantt charts, etc. Provide training and support to team members and technical subject matter experts as needed.
- Maintain all project management tools. Facilitate team meetings, agenda development, minutes, action item logs, risk registers, etc.
- In an Alliance Management role, liaise with partners ensuring contractual obligations are met and a healthy relationship is maintained.
Targeted candidate will offer a scientific degree (PhD desirable) and 12+ years of experience working in pharmaceutical development, with 5+ years in a project management role. Experience in biotechnology development strongly preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Extensive experience leading complex full cycle drug development efforts of assigned assets; some early development preferred
- Strong scientific knowledge base; immunology a plus
- Global orientation including success partnering with international allies
- Ability to lead in a matrixed environment including the ability to garner the respect and cooperation of a broad constituency of internal and external stakeholders
- Alliance management
- Budget responsibility; profit-orientation
- In-licensing experience a plus
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a dynamic and persuasive leader who brings accountability, innovation and initiative to the workplace every day; a leader who will champion operational excellence and ensure policies and practices are in place to achieve shared success.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.