Project and Operations Coordinator (Cancer Research) – Remote/Top $$
Our client, a Cary-based organization whose mission is to improve the manner in which cancer research is performed and shared around the globe, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled, versatile and self-directed candidate to join its Project Management and Operations team.
This organization is doing critically important work that helps ensure that data is shared amongst all companies, individuals, universities, and government agencies that are doing cancer research.
This Projects & Operations Coordinator will work on a variety of research and operational projects and will also be the hub for communications amongst internal and external stakeholders. Right candidate will be a superb project manager and communicator who is organized, resourceful, inquisitive and can-do.
Company will pay generous wage to attract this versatile and capable candidate.
Responsibilities will be broad and may include:
- Coordinating research projects
- Planning meetings, events and symposia
- Handling external stakeholder communication around day-to-day program operations
- Capturing key outcomes of external meetings and internal team discussions
- Sharing status updates with Research teams
- Assisting database users with inquiries
- Drafting memos and reports
- Coordinating meetings on ZOOM, TEAMS, etc.; providing basic technical support
- Conducting internet research
- Administrative, financial and operational support to Program Leaders
This is a diverse and challenging role, which will evolve daily/weekly depending on current activities and priorities. We seek a candidate who enjoys being the point-person and is ready and able to contribute in a variety of ways.
Right candidate will bring a related degree and 5+ years of business experience including substantial experience coordinating projects and/or events in a corporate setting. Healthcare-related experience is a plus.
Priority skills include:
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office products as well as video conferencing and common databases (such as Salesforce)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical-thinking capabilities
- Polished communication skills
Most importantly, we seek a candidate who brings flexibility, adaptability, versatility and ownership. This is a dynamic organization with a high-expectations constituency. Seek candidate who can ably and willingly “go with the flow” and get things done.
This is an immediate need. Client is targeting Temp-to-Hire candidates but will also consider Direct Hire candidates. Most work is done remotely. Occasional in-office meetings will be required.
Local candidates only. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.