R&D Project Manager (Emerging Biotech/Agriculture) – Top $$/Direct Hire
Our client, an early-stage and well-funded agricultural biotech in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate to assume Project Management role on its Portfolio Management team.
This company is reimagining crop protection by applying its proprietary technology to develop cleaner, healthier and more precise solutions to control weeds, insects and disease. This is early in the company’s development but, backed by major players in the agricultural realm, it has engaged industry experts to lead the charge. Seek highly skilled and committed Project Manager who will partner with them to assure success.
Key Things to Note:
- Role will involve coordinating the efforts of internal and external stakeholders to achieve a shared goal. Seek candidate who will readily garner the respect and cooperation of a broad range of constituents.
- Company relies heavily on technology to manage projects, communicate information, provide shared access, etc. Seek tech savvy Project Manager with similar MO.
- This is a science-driven company and endeavor. Right candidate will complement outstanding Project Management skills with strong scientific core.
- This is a start-up setting in which policies, practices and procedures are being developed, enhanced and reconsidered. Seek strategic and tactical PM who will plan for the expected, adapt to the unexpected and reason through the ambiguous.
- This position will be in the company’s RTP area offices. Schedule flexibility and remote options are offered.
This company is developing safe and sustainable agricultural products and this Project Manager will support R&D projects from discovery through late-stage fields trials and regulatory efforts. S/he will lead the planning, monitoring and closing phases of product development projects to facilitate smooth and timely project completion.
- Independently manage projects, with continuous monitoring of pipelines, timelines, and resources
- Provide transparency & visibility across all areas of the organization with clear communication of status, issues, and risks
- Schedule meetings, record meeting minutes, and ensure timely execution of action items
- Coordinate resources, materials, and priorities among multiple projects and carry out tasks for each managed project in the most efficient manner
- Demonstrate superb organization acumen, establishing and promoting systems for organizing projects, processes, and data
- Work collaboratively within and across different departments, participate actively in all discussions, and think creatively about solutions to challenging problems
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in scientific field and 5+ years in agriculture or other Life Sciences industry, with significant experience in Project Management roles. Strong understanding of product development life cycle will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Smart, proactive and practiced organizational skills including keen attention to detail and deadlines
- Technologically inclined; Fluency with Office 365 (e.g., Teams, PowerPoint, Excel), and project and workflow management software such as Smartsheet
- Strong operational skill set and process improvement mindset
- Outstanding (nuanced, thoughtful, thorough, timely, persuasive) communication skill, including excellent judgement about how and when to communicate what messages and to whom. Ability to gain consensus
- Record of impact, achievement and growth
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this high-expectations, empowered, mission-driven setting; someone who is forward-thinking, industrious, resourceful, focused, pragmatic and fully prepared to help wherever the help is needed.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. NC candidates targeted.