Research and Production Technician (Thermal Spray Coatings) – NC Company/Will Relo
Our client, a global leader in the production of specialty fine metal powders such as aluminum, copper, lead, bronze, etc. is expanding its team in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area and is actively recruiting for a highly skilled and knowledgeable candidate, with specific experience in thermal spray and other metallic coatings, for a key role as a Research and Production Technician.
This is a hybrid role supporting new product development as well as existing products and customized client solutions. Company will pay excellent wage ($60s-70s) plus relo to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a well-established company with a strong reputation in fine metals. It is launching a new Research and Development department to develop new and innovative product lines. This Technician will be a key player on that team.
- Role will involve a combination of testing/enhancement of existing products as well as new product development. Thermal spray coating bkgd is required. Process Improvement mindset is also important.
- This position will be on-site at the company’s RTP, NC facility. Company will offer relo support for the right candidate. Strict COVID-policies are enforced.
Position will involve two primary functions:
- carrying out thermal spray coating and pilot scale powder production test trials in support of product development
- performing routine day-to-day coating tasks including
- coating performance testing
- metallurgical lab activities
- customer technical service projects
- manufacturing trouble shooting projects
- laboratory equipment setup and minor maintenance
Other selected duties include:
- Executes R&D testing plans using thermal spray equipment/other laboratory equipment.
- Conducts required tests, interprets results, and summarizes findings.
- Sets up and configures equipment for desired testing conditions. Maintains and repairs equipment.
- Writes reports with conclusions and recommends course of action.
- Assists with routine technical service problems and reports findings and solutions to supervisor.
- Moves and configures large pieces of testing equipment and test materials using a forklift.
Targeted candidate will offer 3+ years of experience in a technical or operational setting including substantial experience with thermal spray coating, spray powder processing, powder metallurgy and metal processing. Knowledge of equipment maintenance and electrical controls also important. Material Science academics would be a plus.
Other priorities include:
- An understanding of the manufacturing processes, products and their applications.
- Creativity in product/process improvement and problem solving.
- Ability to implement and complete experimental plans.
- Ability to conduct tests properly and ensure reproducible and accurate data.
- Ability to use MS Office computer programs including Excel and Word
- Longevity and growth in previous roles
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.