Research Scientist (Cancer Biology / Molecular Biology) – Direct Hire – RTP, NC Area Pharma
Our client, an RTP area biopharmaceutical company focused on developing medicines to treat cancer and other serious illnesses, has an immediate need for a skilled and knowledgeable biologist to apply molecular biology and genomics to enable drug discovery and development. This is an important role that will solve important challenges in translational research to drive biological/clinical insights.
This is a direct hire role and an immediate need. Ideal candidate will have a PhD in cancer biology with relevant academic or post-doc experience or a MS with 2+ years of industry experience.
Company will pay top dollar to attract and retain the right candidate.
Role will involve:
- Managing cell culture and banking of large panel of cancer and normal cell lines
- In vitro efficacy, mechanism of action, target validation and biomarker studies with cancer therapeutics
- Molecular biology and cloning studies for creation and expansion of constructs
- Creating stable cell lines with CRISPR and inducible expression
- Analyzing large sequencing datasets (e.g. RNA-seq)
- Presentations summarizing results for internal communications and external presentations
- Supporting preparation of conference abstracts and manuscripts for publication as needed
- Developing proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
Targeted candidate will offer a PhD in Cancer Biology and relevant academic setting experience, client will also consider a MS level candidate with 2+ years of industry experience. Substantial experience in cancer research and microbiology assumed and important. Experience in flow cytometry preferred. Experience in GPCR/mitochondrial biology or neuro-oncology would be a plus.
This is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. In addition to requirements noted above, we seek a smart, insightful, self-directed and extremely competent scientist. We seek a flexible and resourceful candidate who will thrive in an emerging company environment.