Senior Accountant (CPA Expected/High Growth) – Direct Hire/Raleigh
Our client, a highly successful national commercial real estate firm that is expanding its Raleigh-based team, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and business savvy Accountant to join its Financial Management team.
This company is expanding exponentially. It provides clients with commercial real estate development, investment, and property management services and manages over 400 million square feet of space and is growing. This Property Accountant will play an integral role in providing financial reporting, analysis and operations support.
While industry experience is desirable, company is also interested in candidates who bring experience in a corporate or public accounting setting. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a varied role that will involve Accounting/Reporting as well as Financial Analysis work. Seek analytical candidate who brings a strong operational perspective. Deep GAAP knowledge expected.
- This Accountant will provide broad financial support for the Property Management team and its clients. This Accountant will partner with the Property Managers to ensure that all financial matters are impeccably managed. Understanding of tenant/leasing matters would be valuable.
- Firm values employee ideas and input. This is a wonderful opportunity for candidates who enjoy public accounting work but seek a more personal, entrepreneurial, and nimble setting.
- Excel is used extensively. Advanced Excel skills and facility will be important.
- CPA certification (or significant progress toward certification) is required.
- Position will be located on-site at the Raleigh office.
- Reports the financial records of the assigned portfolio, including budgets and forecasts
- Prepares monthly reporting packages for institutional owners and management
- Maintains a calendar of all debt covenant reporting deadlines and handles all reporting
- Records tax basis entries as needed for year-end and prepares tax and applicable audit work papers
- Ensures delinquency reports are correct and contacts property management on serious delinquencies
- Monitors cash and ensures that critical payments are made timely and prepares funding reports
- Participates in budget preparation with property managers and reviews budgets for accuracy
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for assigned properties
- Tracks tenant upfit allowances using Excel and job costing software
- Maintains fixed asset listings and depreciation
- Prepares personal property tax listings and monitors sales/use tax for owners
Targeted candidate will offer an accounting degree and 2+ years’ experience in a corporate or public accounting setting. CPA certification required.
Other priorities include:
- Broad knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Excel
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this client service setting – an independent worker with a team-view; someone who can carry a heavy workload, redirect as needed and enjoy learning new things from new challenges.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.