Senior Accountant (CPA Expected/High Growth) –Raleigh Area/Work from Home Option
Our client, a Raleigh area firm that provides Accounting and Financial Reporting support to investment funds and other financial services organizations, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp Accountant to join its client services team.
This company is growing exponentially. It provides financial reporting, fund administration, compliance and other services to its private equity and venture capital fund clients. It has become the premier provider in its field and, to maintain its reputation for excellence, it must retain the best and the brightest.
This Senior Accountant opportunity is available due to an internal promotion and company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain another high potential candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This Senior Accountant will work on multiple client engagements and may supervise Staff Accountants. Seek a strong juggler who is accustomed to the client service dynamic. Public Accounting bkgd (preferably Big firm) is required.
- All clients are in the Financial Services industry – investment funds. Most are Limited Partnerships. Seek candidate with familiarity with the nuances of accounting and financial reporting in this space.
- This is a highly collaborative role that will involve regular interface with clients and colleagues. Seek Accountant who enjoys the interaction and communication.
- This company is located in the Raleigh area. For now, most employees are working remotely but the ability to transition to in-office work (post-pandemic) will be important.
- This company takes great pride in its family-friendly, people matter culture. Employees are valued and their development is prioritized. This is a wonderful opportunity for candidates who enjoy client service/public accounting work but seek a more personal, collaborative setting.
This Senior Accountant will work with clients and colleagues to deliver high quality financial reports and records for these private equity and venture capital funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly/quarterly general ledger close
- Prepare financial statements
- Review payroll reports prepared by Staff Accountants
- Prepare client cash dashboards
- Provide information to auditors and tax accountants for completion of annual audit and/or tax return
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations and letters
- Prepare Limited Partner Confirmations
- Calculate Management Fees
Targeted candidate will be a CPA with 3+ years of directly-related experience including Senior-level experience in Public Accounting (Big firm preferred). Some experience with investment funds will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Superb client service skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Advanced technical proficiency including MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat X, accounting software, etc.
- Longevity and achievement in prior roles
Finally, we seek a go-getter who will thrive in this dynamic and empowered setting. Growth potential is enormous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. NC candidates targeted.
Client is also recruiting for an Accounting Manager (also due to growth). Please reach out if that role is of appeal.