Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager (Tech Acctg/FP&A) – Emerging Biotech
Our client, an RTP area biotechnology company in high-growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very sharp, versatile and self-directed candidate to assume key role on its Financial Management team.
This company, which is backed by major players in the agricultural realm, is reimagining crop protection by developing cleaner, healthier and more precise solutions to control weeds, insects and disease. Products are highly anticipated by both industry and end users and the future is exceedingly bright.
This Accountant (client is open to both Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager levels) will be actively involved in a wide range of Financial Management activities including day-to-day transactional accounting, technical research, FP&A planning, cost management, revenue analysis etc. We seek a go-getter who enjoys a broad-based role.
Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This Accountant will be involved in many complex financial matters. Strong technical accounting bkgd is required. CPA and public accounting bkgd are both strongly preferred.
- This Accountant will routinely interact with other departments including scientists/researchers, business development, executive leadership, etc. Seek candidate whose strong accounting and financial skills are complemented by great communication and collaboration skills.
- The company uses NetSuite and familiarity is a plus. Expert Excel is assumed and important.
- The company is growing rapidly. Position will begin as a hands-on Accountant role with near-term promotion, once acclimated, is expected.
- This is a hybrid position with time split between remote and the company’s RTP area offices.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plans and Modeling tools
- Develop accounting policies and procedures, including technical memoranda and appropriate internal controls, to support the business objectives
- Research technical accounting issues (i.e. lease accounting, equity, intercompany, etc.) and own proper implementation of new standards in accordance with IFRS, or other relevant GAAP
- Assess ongoing FP&A processes and tools for continuous improvement and automation opportunities
- Manage the annual audit, timely, accurately, and within budget
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement reconciliations, roll-forwards and schedules for financial reporting and audit purposes
- Lead, guide and advise Business teams on operating forecasts and budgets
- Hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff as the company grows
Targeted candidate will offer a BS/BA in Accounting and 5+ years of experience, including 2+ in public accounting. CPA license strongly preferred. Some bkgd in life science and/or emerging is also preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Outstanding technical accounting/research skills
- Advanced Excel, including modeling; NetSuite preferred
- Keen business savvy, including strong desire to develop deep learning of business operations
- Smart and practiced organizational skills including adept juggling
- Congenial and proactive communication skill, including the ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial personnel
- Record achievement and growth
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this high-expectations, empowered, mission-driven setting; someone who is industrious, resourceful, focused, flexible and fully prepared to help wherever the help is needed.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. NC candidates targeted.