Senior Billing Coordinator (Treatment and Surgical Center) – Direct Hire/Raleigh
Our client, a highly successful specialty medical and surgical practice, is actively recruiting for a very sharp, capable, and self-directed candidate to handle medical billing for the group.
Practice has been assisting patients for more than 20 years, providing world-renowned care in a highly specialized medical area. This is a small but busy office that supports physicians who are revolutionizing care for their patients. This is an important role and contributor – we seek an excellent candidate who will provide great support and comfort to both patients and clinical staff.
Key Things to Note:
- This role will handle all medical billing responsibilities for the practice. Seek skilled and can-do Medical Biller who brings good insight about effective billing operations.
- The company uses Allscripts for billing but maintains paper medical records. A keen eye for detail and outstanding organizational skills will be essential.
- This practice prides itself on its professionalism, quality and “patient first” service. Seek billing professional who is responsive, compassionate and congenial.
- Position will be located on-site at the office in Raleigh. Some flexibility for hybrid schedules after initial training period is available. Covid vaccinations are required.
- Verify the accuracy of procedure and diagnosis information, assign appropriate fees and verify patient payment made on daily encounters
- Obtain authorization for all external appointments through precertification (if necessary)
- Enter daily charges into system for submission to insurance or patient
- Check patients out at the end of an appointment – this includes updating demographic information and scheduling additional appointments
- Post front desk, mail and electronic payments daily; take credit card payments over the phone
- Take calls from patients and insurance companies to resolve disputes
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of medical billing experience. Experience in a surgical center and/or specialty provider is preferred but not required.
Other priorities include:
- Knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations affecting medical billing and insurance verification
- Knowledge and working experience of CPT and ICD9 codes, claim forms, HIPAA, medical terminology, etc.
- Detail orientation
- Strong organizational skills including excellent follow-up
- Strong communication skills including ability to work with both patients and insurance companies to verify information and resolve issues
- Team orientation including willingness to help teammates as needed
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume from prompt consideration. Local candidates only.