Senior CAD Technician (Civil Engineering Firm) – Top $$/RTP, NC
Our client, a RTP area civil engineering firm that provides land planning and civil engineering services to public and private clients in North Carolina, is actively recruiting for a skilled and knowledgeable CAD Technician to join its growing team.
Position will involve the preparation of design drawings and supporting documents for civil site and land development projects, using CAD and other types of software. Experience with surveying and construction projects will be important.
This is an important role, and the firm will offer generous wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
- Work effectively on design teams and coordinate with team members to create engineering documents
- Create drafts with detailed survey drawings and deliverables and related maps utilizing AutoCAD with Civil 3D software, amongst others
- Transform initial rough product designs using into working documents
- Work with engineers and other staff to modify plans from mark-ups and design revisions
- Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for review
- Assist in organizing, creating, and maintaining all CAD or CAD-related files for clients
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents
- Have a strong element of quality control / attention to detail at all levels
Targeted candidate will offer a degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Geomatics, Survey Technology, or similar program and 3+ years of practical experience in CAD drafting, surveying, or directly-related field.
Other priorities include:
- Orientation to detail, precision and thoroughness
- Substantial experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software and GIS applications
- Some experience with surveying and construction
- Proficiency in commonly used computer software such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong communication skills
- Consistent, accurate and compliant documentation skills
- Valid NC driver’s license
Finally, we seek a team player who will be industrious, reliable and self-motivated. This is a great team and they are eager to bring the right person on board to grow with them.
Local candidates only. Please forward resume for prompt consideration.