Senior Engineer/Manager, Energy Storage (Supplier Relations/Procurement) – Top $$/Will Relo/Remote Option
Our client, a global leader in energy storage and solar energy, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate, with deep understanding of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), to assume key role on its Operations team.
It is a critical role and company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
This company, based in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a vertically integrated solar and storage development company with extensive utility experience, more than 170 projects in operation and a rich pipeline. It is an exciting time in the company’s growth and it is essential that its sourcing strategies and relationships are the best in the business. This Engineer will be instrumental in that effort.
We seek a candidate who brings both the technical know-how to understand the procurement needs and the business savvy to research, qualify and engage potential suppliers. While some background in sourcing/procurement would be desirable the company is also targeting engineers with BESS knowledge who are interested in developing skills in business operations and management. Company is open to remote candidates as well as those open to RTP, NC relo.
The role will focus on the sourcing of potential battery system suppliers and integrators. Selected duties will include:
- Analyze technical data, requirements, and specifications to determine the BESS equipment needs for projects
- Evaluate battery storage equipment suppliers and negotiate purchasing agreements
- Devise, implement and oversee BESS procurement strategies to meet cost savings targets
- Prepare RFPs to potential suppliers, receive proposals, and prepare price analysis / bid tabs
- Maintain Supplier Risk Assessment with risk mitigation strategy matrix
- Work closely with commercial teams to forecast new market business and develop strategies to support new business and new regions
- Participate in commercial negotiations by working to establish Long Term / Master Services Agreements with key partners and actively provide feedback on the quality requirements with potential material providers
- Develop cost reduction solutions through improved methods of BESS integration strategies and alternative sources that would create efficiencies
- Initiate and document Corrective Actions with suppliers and track progress
Some travel may be involved, including potential overseas trips to evaluate potential suppliers.
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in Engineering (or related) and substantial knowledge of battery technology and integration. 3+ years industry experience will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Deep knowledge of the complexities of BESS integration and the related components and support needed
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Strong research skills
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Keen business savvy with cost-savings focus
- Procurement/sourcing exposure would be a plus
Finally, we seek a highly industrious and can-do candidate who will partner with project teams, understand their needs and follow-through with smart and efficient sourcing options; someone with a process improvement mentality who will bring new ideas and enhancements to this rapidly-expanding company.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.